Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: V PA @ SCG Sunday. Out: Davis N In: Barlow E

forward coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    J Bolton should still be on thin ice. His game yesterday was probably the best he's played in over a year, but he needs to do it regularly (and he still needs to improve his disposal, particularly as he's getting older and slower). He can be replaced in the midfield by all the new players coming on who are quick, run hard, tackle well and can be rotated through the midfield.

Bevan, McVeigh, Grundy still have a lot more to do to prove they are quality, long-term AFL players.
    b1 was quicker yesterday

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Not bad...took connolly to task on 2 points and you got BOTH of them wrong.

Bevan towelled Brennan at the Gabba last year the week after Brennan had a night out at the MCG against Collingwood.

Peter Burgoyne did zero yesterday, let alone being the only one who could hold his head high.
    Re Burgoyne - I thought it was Sean as it was the other end of the ground from my seat - happy to stand corrected if so (didn't think Peter was the worst on ground either). I shall watch the replay again and have a look.
    As for Brennan - he far from got towelled up in Round 20.

Description Date Opponent Result K HB D M G B T HO FF FA
    Round 20 18th Aug Sydney Draw 63-63 5 6 11 1 1 0 3 1 4 0
    But when I look at Round 3 I see
    Round 3 15th Apr Sydney Loss 69-96 5 0 5 3 0 0 1 0 1 1
    (where is the 7 goal haul the week before?)

But thanks for the feedback BBB - it's always great to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Swan Davis faces battle to return

Swan Davis faces battle to return - realfooty.com.au

Roos says:

"Nick's really accepted it (being dropped) well. He understands that we've got to put forward pressure on and that's what better teams are doing ? that's what we demand of our forwards and that's probably the area he's been a bit down in, in the last four or five weeks.

"His fitness is good, it's just getting his mind around it and running and putting pressure on. We don't mind how many goals he kicks, it's just really how much pressure he can put on. We've got to have forwards who chase and tackle and it's something Davo can do. I'm sure he'll be back in the team soon."

Another Swan unlikely to make the trip north is ruckman Peter Everitt. . .
    Was listening to Sean Higgins on SEN over the weekend and he was saying that the Bulldogs set themselves to improve this area of their game over the preseason because their internal review had identified it as a reason for their poor performance last year, and for Geelong's success. I had figured this was the reason Davis got the chop, and that it was Davis that Grundy was talking about in his fluff piece last week.

I think it is all fair enough too.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Veterans List
    Davis in for Goodes? (maybe Adam was just setting the scene for how Nick would play his role?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Re Burgoyne - I thought it was Sean as it was the other end of the ground from my seat - happy to stand corrected if so (didn't think Peter was the worst on ground either). I shall watch the replay again and have a look.
    As for Brennan - he far from got towelled up in Round 20.

Description Date Opponent Result K HB D M G B T HO FF FA
    Round 20 18th Aug Sydney Draw 63-63 5 6 11 1 1 0 3 1 4 0
    But when I look at Round 3 I see
    Round 3 15th Apr Sydney Loss 69-96 5 0 5 3 0 0 1 0 1 1
    (where is the 7 goal haul the week before?)

But thanks for the feedback BBB - it's always great to hear from you.
    Have another read of what both connolly and I said.

connolly clearly said 'Peter' in his original post and Rd 3 is not the week before Rd 20. I thought the 'against Collingwood' might have given you a clue, obviously not.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BBB - maybe I'm missing something but in neither of the preceding rounds against Sydney did Brisbane play C'wood.

That's because they didn't!

The week after the game against Collingwood when he kicked 7 goals, Brennan had 23 disp and 1 goal against the 'Roos. The next week against Hawthorn he had 7 disp only and no score. The following week was the Swans - 11 disp and 1 goal (and received 4 free kicks). The week after 14 disp and no goals. That sums up Brennan - could do anything from week to week. Bevan possibly did a good job on him, but Brennan just as likely did a good job on himself!
    Last edited by NMWBloods; 31st March 2008 at 04:51 PM.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    BBB - maybe I'm missing something but in neither of the preceding rounds against Sydney did Brisbane play C'wood.
    My apologies, I took connolly at his word as I also remembered it that way. Brisbane beat the Pies by 93 points at the G with Brennan kicking 7 in Rd 17. Brennan then had 23 possies against the Roos before a quiet one against Hawthorn in Rd 19.

I remember it well that Brennan was having a purple patch of form and when Bevan lined up on him at the Gabba, those online at the time went into meltdown. Bevan more than held his own and Brennan had negligible influence on the game.

Edit: Was researching when NMW replied. NMW is correct that Brennan is hot and cold, but that is not fair on Bevan. If he had a big one, everybody (except connolly of course) would be screaming at Bevan. You can't have it both ways and not give Bevan credit if Brennan has a quiet one by putting it down to 'That's what you get with Brennan'
    Last edited by Triple B; 31st March 2008 at 05:01 PM.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I'm not saying that Bevan didn't do a good job as I don't recall the game. Just that it's equally likely that it was Brennan's doing.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819