Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where's Crouch?

Yes, I think the same. I wonder if they're just waiting for his contract to expire and then ask him to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Crouch has played his last game for us.
    If he can get his body into decent shape, he will be given a farewell game at the SCG.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Fair enough, as long as the game isn't too important.

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    If he can get his body into decent shape, he will be given a farewell game at the SCG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Fair enough, as long as the game isn't too important.
    I'd have thought the club has moved past that type of thing.

Might have happened years ago, but the game is too professional to play those games now.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

No wonder the plyers r told not to read these sites!
    OUR EDGE IS REG

Jenky we all love Crouchy, but IMHO, he stuffed himself up by not mentioning all the injuries he had.

Had he mentioned "things" to the doctors a lot earlier, he would have been properly managed and could have very well been lining up to play this weekend. Because he didn't, all his injuries seemed to have come at once - there was a lot of fixing up to do.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    Jenky we all love Crouchy
    Lies! Crouchy and I are just 'good friends'...

Yeh this aint a i love crouch so stop baggin him thing lol and i am not 5 i know Crouchy is 99% finished his career i live in the real world!
    OUR EDGE IS REG

Something is always afoot when a player isn't on the injured list but isn't playing for the reserves. The last two times that this happened were just before Chambers walked, and before the Colombo Faulks discipline story dribbled out (no official announcement was ever made, I think).

This is a case where the professionalism of the Swans can be used against them; at a semi-pro or amateur team, "He has an injury, but Biffo hasn't got around to updating the website for weeks" might be a plausible excuse.

Aware of this, we can only speculate on what "he is in a reconditioning phase but hasn't joined team training yet" is meant to mean. How bloated could the most focussed man in the AFL get, such that he can't even participate in handball drills or jog around the oval with the group?

With a 4-man interchange bench (and unlimited interchanges, which people forget has only been around for a generation or so), a professional team can afford to give a player who is still half-decent a farewell game (about 45-50 mins on the park) with a negligible risk of affecting the result. The last two that stick out in my mind were Mark Bayes and Rowan Warfe (!). Although Warfey's farewell game was a bit of a Ben Mathews farewell-- he'd legitimately worked his way back in for one last shot at it by being best in the 2nds, then had a howler on the SCG (in a game that we won, I think) and never played again.

However, it appears on current evidence that relations between Crouch and the Swans are such that a farewell game is unlikely. A shame: how good would it be if it was vs the Western Bulldogs? One last time around with the bee-yatch Aker, for the Gipper.

I tend to agree with your sentiments Simon.

Do you get the feeling he's being his own worst enemy the way he's handling this?

Does the club have an AFL-imposed requirement to list all injured players on the injury list?
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

To be quite honest it's very strange that they kept him on the player's list, because his salary (whatever he gets) goes into the salary cap, plus, because of it, it probably hinders the elevation of any young player; and because of his past contributions for the club, he is allowed a "recovery" back into the team (if any) in such a way that wouldn't be possible for some other player.
    Favouritism stinks.
    Last edited by Zlatorog; 24th May 2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: That would probably make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    To be quite honest it's very strange that they kept on a player's list, because his salary (whatever he gets) goes into the salary cap, plus, because of it, it probably hinders the elevation of any young his past contributions for the club, but it really makes me angry that he is allowed a "recovery" back (if any) in such a way that wouldn't be possible for some other player.
    Favouritism stinks.
    I agree with what you are saying, but if he is still under contract, AFAIK his salary would still be within our salary cap whtehr he was still playing or not.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast