Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Padding to Be Added to Stadium Fence

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post

Scarboroughly, I have no idea why there hasn't been more discussion about it. If a player can sue over the condition of a ground when they do their knee then surely someone can sue over this? Wardy- your opinion?

Well it would actually be a workers comp claim if you wanted to be really technical because he has suffered the substantial injury in the work place.
    (I would dare say that QBE have come to the party there )

there is a sound argument that there is fault with the sign and that its strength would have diminished over a period of time simply because they are removed and reinstalled on a regular basis, (to make way for the sponship signage when the NRL or Rugby play at the ground). It certainly shouldnt have snapped the way it did and they were really lucky that the bit that actually broke didnt dislodge and hit the bloke sitting behind it.

there are many other areas I could go into as to who could be joined and why in a legal case - but its way too early in the day to thrill you all with such riveting information!

However - I will be following up the Swans on the lack of hand rails in the upper deck of the MA Noble stand - I wrote to them in Nov 06 and told them that there was a problem in that the steps are so steep that you see people come a cropper constantly - the steps are normally soaked with beer by quarter time because the chances of spillage are higher so they then become slippery. My shoulder is sometimes used as a handrail for people who over balance or have trouble getting up and down etc. I indicated to the club that as the major tenant of the ground they had a responsibility to bring these problems to the attention of the SCG trust. I was informed that they had a meeting and area inspection and so whilst it has been brought to the attention of the trust, they have yet to do anything about it. Its called good risk management to check these things, so hopefully the trust will extract the digit and take the opportunity to fix the problem whilst the construction phase at the ground is going on - but I wont hold my breath!

I really think it will take someone to suffer a substantial injury before they do anything about it.
    Last edited by Wardy; 1st May 2008 at 09:36 AM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Write to the SCG on your work letterhead. Coming from an insurance company they may well @@@@ themselves and do something about it.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Write to the SCG on your work letterhead. Coming from an insurance company they may well @@@@ themselves and do something about it.

Oh its ok - I wrote to them on Letterhead ,and made the point that if their existing brokers/risk management advisers were doing their job propertly they should have brought the matter to their attention too!. I received a very detailed response and phone calls to discuss - although I think the guy thought I was having a bit of a dig at their risk management practices - which I was, but it is a serious matter. They threw the old chestnut at me that the steps " complied with building standards at the time of construction" well that was what 30-40 years ago? Standards have changed considerably since then and the Trust are still responsible for the area and must maintain the area and render it safe - well its not. So once the construction on the other side of the ground has completed and if they still havent put the rails in (similar to those on the upper deck at ANZ Stadium) I'll be Mrs Mangle and write to them again.
    Last edited by Wardy; 2nd May 2008 at 07:50 AM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Scarboroughly, I have no idea why there hasn't been more discussion about it. If a player can sue over the condition of a ground when they do their knee then surely someone can sue over this? Wardy- your opinion?
    Traditionally a player running into a hoarding would expect it to be made of
    tin and therefore offer resistance .Obviously having cardboard obscurring the
    railings is highly dangerous .
    I'd sue for $1 million , loss of earnings physical and emotional strain of not being able to play in a GF . Yes , $50k no sweat .

give it to the game

Is Hall going to sue over it?
    What would he sue for? He won't have lost any income and medical costs I assume are covered by the club/AFL.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    What would he sue for? He won't have lost any income and medical costs I assume are covered by the club/AFL.
    Oh I assume they are, I was just curious.

Ignoring he is out anyway, that injury is a pretty bad one for him to go through and it looks to be to a large part because someone screwed up.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Yeah - I guess if it becomes chronic then he would have a good case.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If only there was some footage of it happening
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Good, and so he should!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12