Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you make of the Jesse White rule?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    On before the game, they had a velvet cord between some brass posts, with a hostess and a bouncer to allow entry to and from the field.

I like the idea - kind of adds a sense of occassion to proceedings. (they stole our idea) although we went further and maintained that all players & umps should have tracking devices on so that when there were more than 36 players on the field the ump received an electric shock as an indicator and then he can stop the game and award the penalty (once he has regained consciousness )
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I like the idea - kind of adds a sense of occassion to proceedings. (they stole our idea) although we went further and maintained that all players & umps should have tracking devices on so that when there were more than 36 players on the field the ump received an electric shock as an indicator and then he can stop the game and award the penalty (once he has regained consciousness )
    The Nightclub scenario could have ramifications for certain players who are banned from nightclubs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    The Nightclub scenario could have ramifications for certain players who are banned from nightclubs.

the same colleague (who assisted in coming up with this idea whilst we were hanging around the scanner) and I are going to the chairmans lunch on Sunday (thanks to the major sponsor - god love em!!!) so we thought it might be an opportunity to put our idea forward to Richie C- there is the chance that we may be assisted from the function area by security because of our innovative presentation, but its a risk we are prepared to take to get our ideas out there to the AFL!

the same colleague (who assisted in coming up with this idea whilst we were hanging around the scanner) and I are going to the chairmans lunch on Sunday (thanks to the major sponsor - god love em!!!)
    So you're gunna leave ORB to fend off security on his own when somebody with a ticket for his seat tries to move him on.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    So you're gunna leave ORB to fend off security on his own when somebody with a ticket for his seat tries to move him on.
    yep - I gave him notice of his responsibility on Tuesday!! And besides - you still havent come up to us and said hello yet - we have been trying to work out who you are - but we dont want to make idiots of oursleves if we approach the wrong person

And besides - you still havent come up to us and said hello yet - we have been trying to work out who you are - but we dont want to make idiots of oursleves if we approach the wrong person
    I don't sit near u at Homebush.

I may come up next time at the SCG, but it's fun teasing u at the moment.

I sit in the next bay to your right, 6 rows down at the end of the aisle. I usually arrive 5 minutes into the reserves (intentions are always to see the first bounce, but with kids dragging the chain ) with my 15yo daughter (#13 on her back), my 15yo spends so much time at our house may as well be my daughter (#32 on her back) and my 9yo grandson.

I've been sitting in the same seats, one row in front of my mate, his wife and grownup daughter for 25 years.

See you in a few weeks.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I still reckon there should be an actual "gate" (like the swinging gate in the supermarket) at the interchange area with a holding pen where the AFL steward waits with his trusty clip board and the players assembled to go on - sure it will start to look like a sheep dog trial - but this is the AFL we are talking about.
    Maybe they could micro chip there jumpers, a sirens with flashig lights could go off when the 19th player crosses the line!

Quote Originally Posted by JUDO View Post
    Maybe they could micro chip there jumpers, a sirens with flashig lights could go off when the 19th player crosses the line!
    I'm still fond of the umpire electrocution and the swinging electric gate..

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Where's Kanga???

Speaking of....

Knee. Jerk. Reaction

Whatever floats your boat. What a stupendous waste of time and money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12