Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We should win our next 7 games . . . .

We should win our next 7 games . . . .

. . . . . if we want to be considered a serious threat this season.

Upcoming opponents -

Bulldogs (SCG)
    Bombers (ANZ)
    Port (AAMI)
    Richmond (SCG)
    Eagles (SUBI)
    St Kilda (SCG)
    Demons (MANUKA)

This week is obviously our biggest challenge but we do match up well against them. I know 7 weeks is a long time in footy but aside from the 'Dogs none of the other sides are showing too much form. Richmond are slowly coming good but who here doesn't think that we should beat them, particularly at the SCG?

If we can't then we don't deserve to be there in September.
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    If we can't then we don't deserve to be there in September.
    I wouldn't quite go that far. This competition is so even that just about anyone can beat anyone on a given day. I'll be disappointed if we win any less than 5 of them.

Port Adelaide in Adelaide will be a very tough game to win, especially with Hall still out. They're much better than their 2-4 record suggests, and they're starting to gather some momentum.
    Last edited by Plugger46; 30th April 2008 at 12:58 PM.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I'll bet my left underpant(s) we wont win the next 7 games.

If we dont win the next seven I dont think you could say we dont deserve to be in the mix. Having said that, I think we will have a late season fade with the kids either way.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Don't ask me....

I had us at 1-5 after six rounds.....

On the Rookie List
    I have actually pencilled us in for 14 wins for H & A 2008.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

I would be unhappy if we win less then 5 of them. Port and the Eagles away will be tough, as will the Doggies this weekend (Though we have a very good record against them at the SCG dont we?) and St Kilda will be tough.
    Out of them Id put them down:
    Will Win: Melbourne
    Should win comfortably: Richmond (Who even on their day could push us), Bombers
    Difficult but if we are the real deal must win: Bulldogs and St Kilda
    Tough But winnable: Eagles and Port

Really we need to win a minimum of 5 of the next 7 to give ourselves a shot at the top 4 and any real chance. Anything less then that and we are leaving ourselves a tough task (As our last 9 rounds includes Geelong, Collingwood twice, Hawthorn, Adelaide, Doggies, Freo, Carlton and the Lions. All those games are potentially tough- and you wouldnt want to budget on needing to win more then 5 of them to give yourself a shot at the top 4.
    Even with 5 wins from the next 7 leaves us on 34 points and needing to win 6 from our last 9 to make the 4 (Assuming 56 points is needed for the 4 which is has been every year since 02 except for 1).
    So really we probably need to win 6 of our next 7. Definetly a possibility but we will have to start playing with some more consistency that is for sure!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Out of them Id put them down:
    Will Win: Melbourne
    Should win comfortably: Richmond (Who even on their day could push us), Bombers
    Difficult but if we are the real deal must win: Bulldogs and St Kilda
    Tough But winnable: Eagles and Port
    Agree with your assessments of the Melbourne and Essendon games. A few weeks ago you might have said the Bombers could test us with their speed but their injuries, especially to Lucas and Davey, make them look pretty impotent at the moment. They may get McVeigh back but Fletcher is probably not certain to be right.

If you go on form, the Eagles game should be one of the easiest on that list, despite it being at Subi. At least the Swans now know they can win over there, and the last victory was against a team infinitely better than the current one. The way they're playing at the moment I'd almost back Melbourne to win a game before the Eagles get their next.

The Richmond game is no gimme. They are playing very inconsistent football. I still don't see how the ineptness they showed against Collingwood was translated into such a convincing win at Subi against Freo. (And although Freo themselves are questionable, we saw last Friday night how they can play when they put their minds to it.) If the "good version" shows up, they could be tricky.

We have a pretty good record against Port and it being in Adelaide doesn't worry me too much. They are one side who refuse to try and play Sydney at their own game. Unfortunately for them, I think we are the rock to their scissors. Cornes has said he hopes to be back for this game. Whether he makes it or not could be telling, even though he's had little impact the last couple of times we've played them.

This weekend's game almost looks the toughest of all of them. The Dogs are super-confident at the moment. Like Essendon they have the speed and skills to worry us but have added some real hardness this season. Last year we beat them by winning the quality contested possessions and using the ball well. I expect them to push us all the way in the middle this week.

The Saints game will be a snorefest either way. The two teams seem to bring the worst out in each other.

All the Stats - Ladder Predictor

Here is my prediction using the above website after next 7 games. What's yours?

1 Geelong 13 13 0 0 1427 1162 52 122.8
    2 Hawthorn 13 13 0 0 1439 1194 52 120.5
    3 Adelaide 13 10 3 0 1325 1213 40 109.2
    4 Sydney 13 9 3 1 1241 1108 38 112.0
    5 St Kilda 13 8 5 0 1250 1255 32 99.6
    6 Collingwood 13 7 6 0 1377 1260 28 109.2
    7 W Bulldogs 13 6 6 1 1489 1293 26 115.1
    8 Bris Lions 13 6 7 0 1319 1296 24 101.7
    9 Port Adel 13 6 7 0 1270 1322 24 96.0
    10 Fremantle 13 6 7 0 1210 1301 24 93.0
    11 Kangaroos 13 5 7 1 1274 1267 22 100.5
    12 Richmond 13 4 8 1 1325 1346 18 98.4
    13 Carlton 13 4 9 0 1282 1360 16 94.2
    14 Essendon 13 3 10 0 1274 1471 12 86.6
    15 West Coast 13 2 11 0 1130 1380 8 81.8
    16 Melbourne 13 0 13 0 1109 1513 0 73.2

Blog Entries
    6 out 7?

Surely the Swans can't lose to the Baby Bombers, unless the umpires screw us over again.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

you would want to hope so 573v30 but we really do need now to if possible win the next 6. 5 out of 6 would be a good achievement. But with the way we are playing it could be anything. If we put together 4 quarters of football on the same day this year, Ill die out of shock.
    Should really comfortably knock off the Bombers though, they are struggling big time at the moment, and look like they are going to get a real pasting by Port today.

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    We should win our next 7 games . . . .
    *scritch, scritch* six
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast