Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy reported!

Buddy reported!

I didn't see the incident. How bad is it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    I didn't see the incident. How bad is it?
    According to SEN, nothing in it. But you never know.

Bateman done a hamstring as well.

Having just seen it, it was not as bad as Goodes, so would expect to see an assessment of 4 activation points for a 75 point penalty, take the early plea and cop 56.25 carry-over pts.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Has Buddy been suspended in the past 12 months - trying to figure out if he's got any carry-over points that might throw him over to become ineligible for the Brownlow (that's if the Tribunal don't throw it out the window before Monday).

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Has Buddy been suspended in the past 12 months - trying to figure out if he's got any carry-over points that might throw him over to become ineligible for the Brownlow (that's if the Tribunal don't throw it out the window before Monday).
    Carryover points incurred last year but still active this year that would result in a suspension would not make him ineligible for the Brownlow.

There needs to be an assessment on a charge of over 100 points this year (before discounts) for a player to be ruled ineligible.

For instance, Goodes is ineligible coz he was charged with an offence at 125pts, but by taking the early plea, this gets reduced to 93.75pts meaning he doesn't miss a game.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

I thought it was at least a 3 week hit
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    There needs to be an assessment on a charge of over 100 points this year (before discounts) for a player to be ruled ineligible.
    Gotcha. So if they deemed it to be over the 100 points and he had carry-over points but took an early guilty plea then technically he'd be ineligible for the Brownlow even if he didn't have enough to miss a game?
    Last edited by gossipcom; 15th June 2008 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Gotcha. So if they deemed it to be over the 100 points and he had carry-over points but took an early guilty plea then technically he'd be ineligible for the Brownlow even if he didn't have enough to miss a gam?
    Yep!

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

Noooooooooooooooooo.
    He and Goodesy are the only two keeping my dreamteam from total humilation!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Having just seen it, it was not as bad as Goodes, so would expect to see an assessment of 4 activation points for a 75 point penalty, take the early plea and cop 56.25 carry-over pts.
    I think you may be right Mike, or even thrown out. The big difference between Goodes and Buddy is that Buddy's was front on where as Goodes was a "glancing" blow.

The player buddy hit was upright as he prepared for contact and fell at the last second causing the head high contact.

But the way the MRP works he could get anywhere between a slap on the wrist to 44 weeks.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Did the player get up and take the kick? If he did, well he'll probably end up with a reprimand only. I've only seen the replay once so I'll leave the detailed comments to others, but the fact that the player Goodes hit got up and took his kick saved Goodes from being out for a couple of weeks.

There wasn't much in it. It should be a reprimand given his good record but there was some front-on contact and will be looked at, no doubt.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast