Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roos

Roos

Totally out-coached tonight. Showed absolutely no imagination in quarters 1-3 when it was obvious we were getting pummeled. Why weren't the instructions to kick long given in the second quarter???

Also, the idea to give the players a week's holiday must be seriously questioned. Most of the team obviously thought they were still on holidays tonight.

Surely goal kicking practice would have been more productive than a week or surfing and kicking back on the piss?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Totally out-coached tonight. Showed absolutely no imagination in quarters 1-3 when it was obvious we were getting pummeled. Why weren't the instructions to kick long given in the second quarter???

Also, the idea to give the players a week's holiday must be seriously questioned. Most of the team obviously thought they were still on holidays tonight.

Surely goal kicking practice would have been more productive than a week or surfing and kicking back on the piss?
    Your on fire tonight Hammo !!!
    You have had a crack at just about everyone tonight
    We wont have anyone playing next week, you want 5 gone already
    Mate , Collingwoods kicking at goal was worse than ours.
    Est 1874
    SMFC

I agree with you Hammo.

Outcoached now for the 5th time in a row.

The Swans have as much chance of beating the magpies as the liberals have in winning in NSW.

Four years to prepare for an election and they still stuff it up.

Much the same the SWans. Pathetic, insipid, lame and weak.

Who gives these blokes a week off. To refresh to play like crap.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

I only mentioned to GS14 that I hate this game ... it might pull the toothless wonders out of the woodwork and boost our revenue, but psychologically, the swans suffer after the week off. I think I'd rather play this game in the first week and have the second week off.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Out coached for most of the game, why is it stick with the same tactics bar a few positional changes when it isn't working.
    Very frustrating
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Definitely outcoached. On that note I suppose I better off my congratulations to Malthouse reaching the 200 games at the Pies, etc

At least Roos realise we've got a problem when it comes to the Pies, even if he hasn't fixed it yet...

Collingwood have Swans number: Roos - Breaking News - Sport - Breaking News

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post

Because whenever we kicked long, we were beaten in the contested marks. It wasn't as simple as you made it out to be. The Pies big men were too dominant in the air. Nothing was working. It wasn't Roosy's fault, it wasn't that he was out-coached, it was that most of our players were off with the pixies for three quarters, and couldn't make a good decision to save their life.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

"Our forward line tonight really struggled and that probably was the difference in the game," he said.
    Having forwards who can kick straight would help!

We all admire ROK's workrate, and he was far from the worst tonight, but when was the last time he kicked a vital set shot?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Roos sat on the bench. Perhaps next Collingwood game he could hop over the fence and joins the fans. He would have the same impact on the game.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Senior Player
    Sydney appear to play better when Roos is in the box to be honest.
    Our 6 game winning streak started when he went back up there. Against Melbourne we were not great, which I believe was his first game back at ground level..

Time to end this stupid experiment.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Roosey will be fast asleep now, he has to coach his kids team in the morning. He said he should have watched a good movie tonite.

Yes, so should we!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast