Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Davis asks for second chance

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The saga continues...

Davis running out of time | Herald Sun

And now we find he's not contracted to 2011 after all.
    Well that ends that then. Bye Bye Nick Davis
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

I know Nick very well and he has started to become real hungry again, I can see it in him.
    Hmmm, I wonder what KFC shares are at the minute??

Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Well that ends that then. Bye Bye Nick Davis
    Stand by for an outpouring of grief not seen since Lady Di fell off the twig. Personally I thought Port Melbourne would be a comfortable fit - Cuzz and Davo would be a handful both for the opposition and their coach. But I'm thinking Freo with the Whiz on the outer and their record of disasterous recruiting we might pick up one of their young skillful underperformers in a straight swap and do a Bloods revamp. But you are right - gorrrrrn
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Stand by for an outpouring of grief not seen since Lady Di fell off the twig. Personally I thought Port Melbourne would be a comfortable fit - Cuzz and Davo would be a handful both for the opposition and their coach. But I'm thinking Freo with the Whiz on the outer and their record of disasterous recruiting we might pick up one of their young skillful underperformers in a straight swap and do a Bloods revamp. But you are right - gorrrrrn
    And this coming from the Paul Bevan stalker!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Just keep a stiff upper lip, buttercup. Everything will be okay
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

A lot of water has to go under the bridge yet... the Davis-haters should temper their excitement.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Veterans List
    Well at least his name isn't an expletive anymore.

Why hasn't Don Jezza been playing a more active role in his career?

The glee that seems to be associated with this potential outcome appears rather distasteful, especially coming from some people...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    The glee that seems to be associated with this potential outcome appears rather distasteful, especially coming from some people...
    The only thing I am happy about is no 4 year contract. That means if he does not pull up his socks, at least we are not tied in.

Ia gree - certainly a year-by-year contract makes more sense.
    But "I did wonder if there was any low filth that would take enjoyment from his misfortune"...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMase View Post
    The only thing I am happy about is no 4 year contract. That means if he does not pull up his socks, at least we are not tied in.
    I think that's perfectly reasonable, and I tend to agree with you.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    You are obviously referring to Davo's manager Thommo. Now there's a man who has experienced the lot. Punch ups with team mates, relocations, one man media campaigns extolling his virtues, contract terminations and dummy spits. Just the boy for the job. It was obvious during the St Kilda game Davis had no future at the club. The Geelong performance underlined it. His departure frees up much needed cash under the cap. And most importantly there is some justice. ROK can be retained on a fair remuneration. Thats fair. A bloke who gives it his all, works his backside off every match, gets a pay increase while his former fellow half forward flanker who barely raised a sweat gets shown the door. Hopefully Davo can recover his "confidence" with the Dockers or the Dees. As long as it somewhere faaaaarrrr away with another club. Win/ Win I say.
    Bevo bandwagon driver