Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Davis asks for second chance

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    And how well placed are you to determine the reasons why Davis hasn't achieved what the club wants and exactly what the club asks of him?

Well Duh! he is in the two's im sure if he achieved what the club wants he would be in the seniors

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    How many tackles does Henry make?
    RedAndWhiteOnline.com Messageboard - View Single Post - Davis asks for second chance
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Were you at KFC with Nick when the brains were handed out?
    Yeah standing right behind you

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Well Duh! he is in the two's im sure if he achieved what the club wants he would be in the seniors
    Do you know anything about it though given you state what Davis expects and what he is and isn't prepared to do?
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    He read the article in the Tele.
    Unlike you I dont get my footy knowledge from the back page of a newspaper.

Blog Entries
    Yeah standing right behind you
    I am vegetarian

I feel sorry for Ben Mathews and Jared Crouch. The ratio of posts debating Nick Davis' future as opposed to theirs are about 1000:1. The bus trips to Canberra must be interesting affairs.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Do you know anything about it though given you state what Davis expects and what he is and isn't prepared to do?
    Have you seen Davis play in the reserves? does he look like a guy desperate to get back in the seniors? Does he absoulutely bust his gut to chase, tackle, block etc Sorry IMHO he looks like a guy who thinks he can kick a couple of goals make a couple of half hearted attempts at tackles and chasing and expects its enough to get back in the seniors....

Blog Entries
    Unlike you I dont get my footy knowledge from the back page of a newspaper.
    The old "subtly suggest I have inside knowledge to substantiate my own opinions without actually coming out and saying that I ahve inside information because I don't" ruse. Good work!

You're not Jim Main, are you?
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    We only have one other tall forward - Hall.

There are many skills in AFL football.
    Granted, Playfair's kicking skills are ordinary, so...
    Which or the other skills you need as an AFL footballer are ordinary??
    The rest seem good to me...
    His contesting in marking and tackling have been great.
    His second efforts when the ball hits the ground (even off his contests) have been great.
    His hands and peripheral vision are very good.

So which "skills" are you not happy with?
    oloughlin plays pretty much as a key forward, okeefe plays as a roaming centre half forward i think davis would slot in nicely. He was in our top goal kickers last year.

Playfairs kicking would be ordinary in the school yard surely to play at afl level as a forward you need to be slotting 40 metre goals without too much trouble.

His contesting is average, he doesnt get the ball that often, he is slow to get rid of it, his goal yesterday came after he was probably holding the ball and not pinned for it.

It seems because he isnt that skilled he is rewarded for just trying
    Theres not much left to say

Davis has had a couple of chances this season and didnt really grab either of them. Davis expects he should be in the senior team but doesnt want to do the hard work required to get back. Im sure if he had 7 or 8 tackles in the 2's would mean so much more than 4 - 5 goals.

Cant say what Roo's thinks but Davis may have had his time and its time to move on. Davis fials the Swans no d...... policy how else do you explain a player with great talent but is too lazy to make the most of it...Unfortunately Nick will be remembered as a wasted talent who played one great game.

ROK just on the couch sated "it just goes to show talent cant take you everywhere unless you are prepared to do the hard work" replying to a question about Nick Davis and how he still has the talent - from a senior player really says it all - Davis your gone

All the baggers of Playfair need to get a grip - our forward line in the last 5 weeks has probably functioned better than any time in the last 5 years and Playfair is part of that. He is currently playing better footy than what he did at Geelong and is obviously performing his role well.

Im sure all of you bagging Playfair on this forum have more AFL/Playing coaching experience than Roos and are better placed to call for him to be dropped.

Cheers

Waz

on that basis we should close the forum because none of us work at the club or coach the players

i was one of the first to bring up playfair for 2 reasons.

1/ to get davis in need to drop someone from the 22 (though could just be goodes now)

and 2/ i think he is an example of someone whos skills are poor and doesnt do that much being included, yet davis can gather over 15 possies and slot 1 and almost hit the match winner in round one and get dropped.

whilst i havent got a record of every conversation between davis and anyone else at the club, it seems he is treated very differently to others.

IF he is so bad and has a poor attidude why was he resigned?
    Theres not much left to say

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast