Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changes for Hawthorn Game?

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    My question is...who do we play on Buddy and Roughead? Obviously Bolton.C will take one of them, but who will play on the other one, I think Leo, as much as I love him, is not up to it, so that leaves maybe Richards. Can't think of anyone else, perhaps LRT????
    Your thoughts people?
    Teddy and C.Bolton. Not sure who plays on who but they're the 2 in my opinion. Leo is no longer up to it.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    My question is...who do we play on Buddy and Roughead? Obviously Bolton.C will take one of them, but who will play on the other one, I think Leo, as much as I love him, is not up to it, so that leaves maybe Richards. Can't think of anyone else, perhaps LRT????
    Your thoughts people?
    Some great matchups in this game...

Old footy cliche first

The key to Buddy and Roughead is to beat them - Hawthorn, in clearances and stoppages.

Maybe start with Bolton on Roughead and Richards on Buddy with LRT ready to take over if required?

Leo may end up with Williams? and Bevan on Rioli? Kirk on Mitchell will be a cracker.

I would like to see Leo match up on Dew when he gets a run.

Mattner on Young on the wing would be interesting, but Mattner has been playing upfield to date so maybe Malceski will get him?

Cheers

waz
    Last edited by Wazza; 9th July 2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: missed a word

If LRT goes to Buddy I am walking out before the first bounce
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    If LRT goes to Buddy I am walking out before the first bounce
    Wouldn't that be a massacre if LRT was on Buddy. He would damn near kick 100 goals in one game.

In : Goodes , Brennan

Out : Hall , Ablett

Like the idea of playing him up forward against a Fragile Hawks defence , though having the option of putting him down back.
    Just think Luke needs a kick in the guts , simply not giving us anything.
    Est 1874
    SMFC

I thought we did this thread... anyway, I'd like to see:

IN: Goodes, Schmidt, Grundy/Brennan

OUT: Hall, Buchanan, Ablett

I'd also like them to have a close look at Malceski and Kennelly as neither seems totally fit.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    I thought we did this thread... anyway, I'd like to see:

IN: Goodes, Schmidt, Grundy/Brennan

OUT: Hall, Buchanan, Ablett

I'd also like them to have a close look at Malceski and Kennelly as neither seems totally fit.
    Provided Davis isn't right, I'd be happy with those changes.

Buchanan was terrible last week - as he has been a few times against Collingwood. And I'm not sure that Ablett adds all that much to our midfield.

Haven't noticed it so much with Malceski but I agree on Kennelly. He really struggled against the Pies.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

why all the speculation

roosy will drop hall pick goodes and say it was one loss and we are keeping with the guys who won 6 in a row.
    Theres not much left to say

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    why all the speculation

roosy will drop hall pick goodes and say it was one loss and we are keeping with the guys who won 6 in a row.
    Almost certainly.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Footy Records to be replaced by Bibles.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12