Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Captain Smirk rides again

Well let's all get stuck into Kirk shall we, after all he is the arsewipe of the century compared to that pristine model citizen that is Barry Hall.
    If Hall, and Davis for that matter, showed the dedication and determination of Kirk, the club would be far better off.
    Kirk, as captain, has every right to speak about the clubs thoughts on Hall, other club captains do it, why not Kirk.
    And maybe he acts "Holier than Thou" because perhaps, just perhaps, he actually is pretty clean living so can therefore speak out with a clear conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Totally agree - it is creating a bigger divide between the leadership group and the rest of the team and makes a mockery of the so called "bloods ethos"and the old "we stick together no matter what" its way too conditional. You would have thought that Baz had killed someone.

Dont get me wrong - I like Kirk as a player - but I find his holier than thou moral high ground crap a bit hard to take when at the end of the day ITS JUST FOOTY!!! Baz's swing didnt even connect and Wakelin wasnt even hurt (well maybe his ego once he saw the replay and saw how bad his attempt at acting was). Anyone would have thought on Monday that the world was going to end when it was announced. Its just footy!

So yesterday we had the Dalai Kirk give his 10 cents worth- who will be on the box today? Will it be Craig Bolton or Leo Barry???
    Yeah sister!!

It's just a game. There are more important things to worry about - like how I'm going to make a huge pot of catholic pilgrim pumpkin soup for Monday night when I'm going to Melbourne tomorrow. My mother volunteered me. Bless her little heart.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Ok...

Taking into consideration our "team culture" and the "bloods ethos" where speaking to the media bout other players and not conforming to the ideals of the club is strictly prohibited.... Ala Nick Davis 2007..... This week Kirky will be having a rest until such time he learns how to stick with team rules. Goodesy is just not right in the head after several stupid bumps on opponents this year and thus will be playing in Canberra for a few weeks. Roos will hand over the reigns to Longmire, and we all know that Hall will be attending aromatherapy sessions... So... Who's in for those three?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    And maybe he acts "Holier than Thou" because perhaps, just perhaps, he actually is pretty clean living so can therefore speak out with a clear conscience.
    Or perhaps not...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    good point - Adam has had his bit of trouble with the Ladies too.
    Women are always trouble,or is it that we men are just stupid to succumb to the old saying of "PotP"
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Senior Player
    Kirk is the captain and a proven club champion. He can say whatever he likes. This year Hally has been behaving like a pork chop or a loose cannon, sometimes both on the same day. A selfish style of football that he needn't be engaging in. From a 'no dickheads' perspective he's been treated quite favourably. Ricky Mott only needed one durry.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Can't see anything wrong with what Kirky said about Barry.

The club had to take a stand against Barry and the captain is in the best position to present the clubs stance on this matter to the media.

Me thinks Baz has lost the plot and although I hate to say it, we will play better without him at the moment.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    So he answered the medias question(s) (which are not in the article). Maybe he was too honest in his answer....

We all know the media being such models of integrity and honesty wouldn't take the comments out of context.

I am sure that B2 was on the news the other night commenting on the incident.
    sprite

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    ROK, as one who understood the implication of your sig, I have thought about it and while I can see why Kirk's comments might be seen as self-righteous, and yes, I am over the whole "Bloods brotherhood" ethos, I must echo the opinion of Jewels - Kirky's dedication and determination on the field has been nothing short of inspirational, so stuff it, he can say what he bloody well likes.

Blog Entries
    Maybe he was given permission to talk to the media.

So a player gets critisised for talking in cliches and dodging the issue, but when a player comes out and says what he thinks about Hall, he's critisised again?

Kirk has every right to say what he said and Hall needs to stop being an idiot. His attempted strike on saturday was a selfish act and he doesn't appear to care whether or not it damages our chances this year.

Kirk puts in 100% every single week, and he's the true captain of the Swans. If Bazza had half the brain power that Kirk does, he'd be one of the top 20 players in the league.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Maybe he was given permission to talk to the media.
    I suspect not just given permission but asked to comment. His remarks were made in a media interview at the SCG at training. No doubt one of the club captains was asked by the club to answer the media's questions.

What's more, Kirk's comments are supportive of Hall, they do not slam him, just his actions on Saturday night. And in the light of Hall's reaction that he didn't think he'd done anything wrong, I thought what Kirk said was completely justified.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast