Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hall cleared to play

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    And every other aggressive player in the league has the same problem - Mooney, Chapman, Franklin, Brown and so on. Some handle it better than others. No reason why Baz can't learn too.
    He should already be able to handle it! I was mainly referring to the "What if" the opposition choose to have a go. Of course they bloody will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogg0 View Post
    If O'Loughlin was fit this week, Hall wouldn't be back.

To be honest, he should have been back last week anyway. There was no way he was 'mentally unfit' to play, he served his suspension and should have played last weekend. The Swans wanted to sate the rabid Melbourne media and now they look like soft-cocks by bringing him back.

Meh. I want him to play. He's playing. I'm happy.
    The Swans have a culture which is probably the envy of every club in the comp except, maybe Geelong.
    I was wrong about Gerard and his hair.

On the Rookie List BloodsInMyVeins's Avatar
    Hi all new here!!!

Been a Swannies Fan since the 60's & been reading all your comments for a fair while now & thought id better say something for a change?

I'm really excited Bazza's back this week,the Swans an't the same team without Baz or Micky O in fact.
    Geez could you imagine if both of them where out ,i couldn't.

We could do without 1 of em, but not both of em.that's my point of veiw anyway.

One thing about Barry Hall if he's not kicking goals hes taking 2 or 3 players out of the Opposition Team, so it opens other avenues for our players to kick goals.

That's my 2 bobs bit worth. P.S. Bazza's Due for a Big Game very soon.I've Just got this Feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodsInMyVeins View Post
    One thing about Barry Hall if he's not kicking goals hes taking 2 or 3 players out of the Opposition Team, so it opens other avenues for our players to kick goals.
    That's the popular theory, but it's incorrect. Our players kick to Hall even when he's got 2 defenders hanging off his legs, one breakdancing on his head and a large rat biting on his nads.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    That's the popular theory, but it's incorrect. Our players kick to Hall even when he's got 2 defenders hanging off his legs, one breakdancing on his head and a large rat biting on his nads.
    yeah how many times have we seen the big boy with two sometimes three players on him and yet our blokes still kick it in his direction - surely someone on the coaching staff has made the statement -"Look if Hally has 3 on him, might be an idea to kick it to one of the other 2 who are free and in a space - its just a thought and it just might work- give it a try" - yes that is simplifying the situation but geez its not rocket science.
    Glad to see Baz back where he belongs - sure he will be a target for niggly snipy defenders, but maybe (unless we have short man syndrome sufferer, Ray Chamberlain, umpiring) he might score a free or two if he just stands there and lets them niggle him because the umps and the camera's will be scrutinsing everything he does anyway. (well it doesnt hurt to hope ).
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    And it drives me crazy! Players going forward with the ball need to be footy smart enough to make the correct decision about whether to try to kick the ball to Hall or kick to someone else. It doesnt help that Hall often seems to expect the ball regardless of how closely checked he is by defenders - players need to have enough confidence in their decision making to ignore Hall if they think he's too well covered by defenders.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Realistically, not just the coaches, but Hall needs to say to the team, "If I am being double teamed, kick it to someone else." This would show he was switched on and thinking team wise (I'm not saying he isn't, but I hope you know what I mean).
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by voodooguru View Post
    Beg to differ. The system, fairly, gave him one for that moronic tickity-tackity airpunch. When you look at our schedule, especially in the context of the teams we beat without the Large Professor this year, I would think that it is entirely possible that the Bloods were always going to double the league sanction and bring back Big Bad Barrelling for the Crowbots.
    I'd agree with the premise that Hall would not be back had MOL been in the side this week.
    I don't know that the Swans intention was to only give him two weeks off.
    In fact it's only one week off in reality.
    The way they were talking they would not play Hall in his current frame of mind because of his actions over the last 9 weeks.
    That's a long time to be aggressive one would think.
    Hall gave the big punch - condemnation and apologies from Hall.
    Then he (according to the Swans and many here) tries to do it again weeks later.
    If there is a mental issue, you would highly doubt that he is over it.
    Simply, the Swans are collapsing in their moral stance.

And that's what happens when you try to come off looking roses and bull@@@@ting the public with your moral high ground.

All that public sentiment of "wow! the swans are a great team who really care for the welfare of their players" has gone right out the window.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Realistically, not just the coaches, but Hall needs to say to the team, "If I am being double teamed, kick it to someone else." This would show he was switched on and thinking team wise (I'm not saying he isn't, but I hope you know what I mean).
    This is where player like McVeigh and Moore should show a bit more nous and hang around for the falling crumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Good point - he has to say it as well - I mean we are dealing with meathead blokes here - you have tell them something a few times before the message gets through!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Good point - he has to say it as well - I mean we are dealing with meathead blokes here - you have tell them something a few times before the message gets through!!!
    Umm derrr Ummm what do ya mean!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    This is where player like McVeigh and Moore should show a bit more nous and hang around for the falling crumbs.
    Bit like me at the dinner table.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast