Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is going to Manuka this weekend?

Hello Annie..will catch up with you n royboy an co tomorrow..

Yep - Ill be there somewhere with the tin lids. The weather forcast says Sunday, 3 August 2008 0?-11? Fine, mostly sunny. And hopefully it stays like that
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs down

Manuka is a terrible place to watch a game. Worst ground in the AFL with primitive country ground facilities. The front rows is at least 2 metres BELOW the pitch. So you have the horrific sight of LRT looming at you to get the footies out of the bag behind the goals.

There is no atmosphere & people on the wing are supposed to stand on these temporary stand things that wobble.

I suppose it will do at the moment given the lack of games in the ACT. But if they seriously want a team down here (which I'd actually prefer to a Western Sydney team to be honest) they should bulldose a lot of the place & start again.

A park ground with a local park feel. Not up to AFL standard for the fans.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    Manuka is a terrible place to watch a game. Worst ground in the AFL with primitive country ground facilities. The front rows is at least 2 metres BELOW the pitch. So you have the horrific sight of LRT looming at you to get the footies out of the bag behind the goals.

There is no atmosphere & people on the wing are supposed to stand on these temporary stand things that wobble.

I suppose it will do at the moment given the lack of games in the ACT. But if they seriously want a team down here (which I'd actually prefer to a Western Sydney team to be honest) they should bulldose a lot of the place & start again.

A park ground with a local park feel. Not up to AFL standard for the fans.

JF
    You're entitled to your opinion JF, even if you are wrong . It is a wonderful ground to watch the footy at. I've sat both in the front row, and in the temporary stands. I actually preferred the stands. You get a good view, the ground surface is possibly the best in the league and you feel like you are part of the action. I love watching the footy there.
    Last edited by goswannie14; 3rd August 2008 at 08:18 PM.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123