Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McVeigh kicks six!

On the Rookie List

McVeigh kicks six!

McVeigh looked like a gun!!! I never thought he could be a game breaker but how wrong I was. I don't think Wayne Schwass ever kicked six -- there are not too many midfielders who have.

I am extremely disappointed with the result but I don't think we are far away. Positives were McVeigh, Brennan, Vesper, Teddie, OKeefe - and i think Hall is slowly working back into form. The truth is with a fully fit Goodes, Malceski and Barry we would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanner View Post
    McVeigh looked like a gun!!! I never thought he could be a game breaker but how wrong I was. I don't think Wayne Schwass ever kicked six -- there are not too many midfielders who have.

I am extremely disappointed with the result but I don't think we are far away. Positives were McVeigh, Brennan, Vesper, Teddie, OKeefe - and i think Hall is slowly working back into form. The truth is with a fully fit Goodes, Malceski and Barry we would have won.
    The player we are really missing up forward is Magic. He gives us the mobility and movement. The sizzle with Big Barry's sausage.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

McVeigh wins my vote for most improved so far this season. He was a joy to watch yesterday. I'm seriously excited about how well he has developed this year. If he keeps getting better, he may become one of the competitions best midfielders.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    McVeigh wins my vote for most improved so far this season. He was a joy to watch yesterday. I'm seriously excited about how well he has developed this year. If he keeps getting better, he may become one of the competitions best midfielders.
    After the late replay last night, I went to bed dreaming about our future midfield of Bird and Moore extracting from the foot of the tap down from Currie and Jolly to Veszpremi, McVeigh and Jack. A bit short of cms, but not a bad set-up. I still think we are looking in trouble at the book-ends, but that is another story.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

What a shame he's been used as a tagger for the majority of his career so far.

A couple of his goals weaving out of packs there reminded me of Gary Ablett Jnr. Some great signs for us.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

I love how quick his hands are! Brilliant...

Pity he missed that easy shot at goal though.

I had flashbacks to the game where Matthew Nicks kicked 6.7...

McVeigh is looking like the future of the club averaging almost 20 disposals and kicking 27 goals, thats 17 more than Ryan O.

He is flourishing in his more attacking role and is most definately developing into a gun and lets not forget the fact that he just turned 23.

Im so glad he is doing so well afer copping so much criticism especially from fans on this site. I have always been a fanand always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
    McVeigh is looking like the future of the club averaging almost 20 disposals and kicking 27 goals, thats 17 more than Ryan O.
    7 more goals and 23 fewer possessions, by my count...

It's a pretty awesome performance this season for McVeigh. Averaging 20 disposals per game (third behind Kirk and O'Keefe) and kicking 27 goals (second behind O'Loughlin).

I've always liked Macca, glad to see him going so well.....and Keeping Annie to the speed limit!!!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I've always liked Macca, glad to see him going so well.....and Keeping Annie to the speed limit!!!
    Damn him.
    It took me FOREVER to drive back from Canberra yesterday.
    It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard keeping under 120 K/h!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast