Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shannon Grant, 300 games and retirement

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    No escaping the reality that this guy was a good player who developed well while at Sydney and was indeed a great loss. Good on him for his career. I don't care if he brings his Teddy Bear to games if he plays good footy and is good to watch, on the other hand, I wish he had played the 300 here

Paul Roos for PM

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Seems pathetic to ridicule someone who wants to be with their family and obviously has a close bond with them, especially when he would have been 17 or 18 at the time.
    He was born in April 77. He was 20 years old when he sooked back to Melbourne holding mummy's hand. I sure as hell wasnt being looked after by my mother when I was 20, or 19, or 18. Then again, when I was at school kids weren't being picked up from school by a convoy of clutching parents in 4WDs, so maybe my independent attitude is generational.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    He was born in April 77. He was 20 years old when he sooked back to Melbourne holding mummy's hand. I sure as hell wasnt being looked after by my mother when I was 20, or 19, or 18. Then again, when I was at school kids weren't being picked up from school by a convoy of clutching parents in 4WDs, so maybe my independent attitude is generational.
    When he came to Sydney he was only 17, which was when his family came to Sydney with him. Most 17-20 year olds still live at home.

He chose to move back home to Melbourne to be with friends and family, which happens with a lot of people in all walks of life.

You seem to be adding something harsh that doesn't seem to be there. I don't see the point.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Enjoyed watching him play whilst he was with us, and since. Put his heart and soul in for us when he was in the Red & White and when he did leave, it was done in a professional manner and he can be justifiably proud of the way he left the club.

I can't help but think that if had of stayed, perhaps there would be another cup sitting next to that 2005 edition.

Best of luck to you Shannon.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I heard he still sucks his thumb
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Decent footballer, he copped a sweet second Grand Final loss in 1998, then got the win and the Norm Smith in 1999.

Typical of playing at North, would've got larger raps at another Melbourne club.

On the Rookie List
    I didn't mind Shagger, could play, left under good terms, would have liked to have seen him play longer in red and white.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    ....especially as he always seems to play well against us. .
    Although he missed a sitter for goal in that 2006 thriller in Canberra. The miss probably costs the Kangaroos the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12