Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3AW call of 2005 semi-final

On the Rookie List
    Unfortunately our sound card has packed up so I can't listen to it. This might be a dumb question but can I save it to the computer and upload it on to my mp3 player to listen to it? If so how does a luddite go about doing it?
    Clinton was a class act, who'd've thought he barracked for the 'pies as a kid?

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Brilliant many thanks .
    I think it was that five mins of footy that motivated The Geelong Footy Club to do what they are doing now.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Great work Sam! Awesome stuff!
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAnge View Post
    This might be a dumb question but can I save it to the computer and upload it on to my mp3 player to listen to it? If so how does a luddite go about doing it?
    If your mp3 player can play mpg then yes (ie: Ipod nano or similar)

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ash3 View Post
    If your mp3 player can play mpg then yes (ie: Ipod nano or similar)
    Yes it's a nano

"There would not be a bigger roar if a 1000 blokes in Broadmeadows won tatts" Best call ever!!! That is brilliant, I havent heard that call before. Ive heard the alternate calls for the Grand final on the victory pack. Still brings a tear to the eye.

We might have a little while to wait for another flag, but by gee that was an amazing year for the swans and that game was just unbelievable!

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel really tired and emotional after watching that. Makes me so sad to think about where Nicky D's career is. I will talk about that qtr of football all my life.
    I don't get upset at the commentators - thought Rex was tops.
    Clinton was a legend.

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    That commentary is on the multi-commentary set of DVDs. But still took the chance to hear it again - and it still brings a tear to the eye. It's even better now knowing what it led to (but I got home at 3am the next morning and watched the whole game again on Fox).
    Is that commentary in the victory pack from 2005? I haven't heard it and can't watch youtube on this dopey work computer. You'd think they would get me something flash, the boss reckons he's a Swans supporter but somehow I doubt it

Paul Roos for PM

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Brilliant many thanks .
    I think it was that five mins of footy that motivated The Geelong Footy Club to do what they are doing now.
    Geelong aren't the only side that won a premiership after losing to the Swans in a final. Port won in 2004 and the Eagles won in 2006.

Every premiership since 2003 has been influenced by the Swans in some way.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Yes thats remarkable.
    As Greg Norman once said AND COULD APPLY.....
    "I AM IN AWE OF MYSELF'.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Thomson View Post
    Is that commentary in the victory pack from 2005? I haven't heard it and can't watch youtube on this dopey work computer. You'd think they would get me something flash, the boss reckons he's a Swans supporter but somehow I doubt it
    No. I have the victory pack and the multi commentary is only available for the GF. The other games have the television commentary only.

Melbourne member here. Long time reader, first time poster. Thanks for that Youtube link. I have never heard that call before. Love it.
    My missus reckons I have never been the same since that night in particular and that finals series in general. Apparently, I am a much more contented man.
    I was pacing and cursing all through the Geelong game and she was keeping well away after I snarled at her three-quarter time suggestion that the Swans can still win.
    She was even more unimpressed when I broke a vase in the excitement of seeing Nicky Davis come to save us. The second best sporting memory of my life even though I was in my loungeroom.
    On another good call. I treasure an MP3 file I downloaded off abc.net of the last quarter of the 05 GF which was part of their Great Grand Finals podcast series. Attending that game is the best sporting moment of my life.
    I now use a 15 second grab where Leo pulls down "the" mark seconds before the "SIIIIIIIRRRRRRREEEEEENNNNNNNN" guttoral synchronised roar of commentators as the ring tone on my phone (my 11-yo daughter stealthily put it on when I wasn't looking - God love her - and it has stayed there ever since). It draws amazing reactions when the phone goes off in public.
    If I can work out how to do it, I might use this one as an alternate ring tone.
    Carn the Bloods.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast