Thread: MOL.....and those ankle injuries

MOL.....and those ankle injuries

I wonder whether MOL will be fit to play on Friday night?Would be good but I would feel for any player who lost his spot....it's a tough business.
    Hope we got no more injuries from last night.Apparantly O'Keefe,Moore and McVeigh are carrying ankles also so I hope they can come up after six days.Roosy coached brilliantly in his use of ROK.Moore came up limping a couple of times.
    Goodes is also playing injured and Tadgh was a bit hesitant last night.There'll be lots of recovery for the boys this week.

its a pity its a short turn around and that we didnt get 7 days for it. If you ask me they should play the week 2 finals one on Saturday arvo and one on Sunday arvo in week 2 and then both on Saturday in week 3 (ie one in the afternoon, one at night).
    Id love MOL to be back on Friday we desperately need him in the forward line to give us the 1 extra source of goals and another target, but as long as all our blokes recover sufficiently and are fit for Friday night then I give us a good chance.
    Vez I guess would be the one to go if MOL was fit- unlucky I know but he didnt have the best game last night. But at least he has now played some finals footy which will bode well for next year when he becomes a permanent fixture in the team.

will micky O be able to come back in and contribute after missing so much footy??

also i like okeefe carrying an injury then roos leaves him up forward where he belongs
    Theres not much left to say

Bandwagon Driver australian_made's Avatar
    MOL would struggle for match fitness so i doubt we will see him in this series at all given our next 2 opponents will be the Dogs then the Cats.

Vez was totally spent by 3 quarter time last night. he had that look about him, like he was going to have a spew from sheer exhaustion.

Provided there are no other fitness concerns out of last night i think Vez for Bird will be the only change.
    Last edited by australian_made; 7th September 2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    If the siren sounds in Tasmania, and the umpires don't hear it, does it make a sound?

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    As Micky has not trained fully for years he is a player who could come up cold. I think Tadgh is a worry for me, those half hearted attempts obviously due to the shoulders are a dead set worry in a close one!
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Roosey said on MMM this arvo it was unlikely that MOL would play.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

I read that Ablett picked up a shoulder injury late in the game. Can anybody confirm this? It might make room for Bird without Vespa being left out.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!