Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Spida Retires

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    What sort of message does it send when you recruit a player who admits he didn't want to help young players at his previous club in case he came up against them? That is one of the most disgusting, selfish, disloyal and greedy things I have ever heard, and it turned me against him from that moment.
    I suspect it was a case of "You're not going to let me have what I've asked for, so don't expect to get what you ask for." Not praiseworthy, but understandable.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Shame to see one of the few colourful players left in AFL move on.

Question is are one of the youngsters ready to move up or do they replace Spida with a White or Blade.

Stuff getting in another over the top ruckmen. Get Currie in as long as his body is ready. He may not be ready as a footballer but he could be no worse then Spida was this year in all honesty for us.

As long as we aren't going to wreck him long term (Ie what I think Carlton may do to Kreuzer if they are not careful about managing him through his first few years) then get him in there. Jolly still has a few very good seasons left in him and as long as he has got someone that can be competitive for say a 1/3 of the game max in the ruck next year, we will be no worse off then this year.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Currie also gives us a very good option up forward.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345