Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tough questions ahead for Sydney

Tough questions ahead for Sydney

Tough questions ahead for Sydney - Real Footy - Breaking News

Anyones guess. BBBH still playing well, Leo still playing confusing and Micky will go again.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Although Everitt and Ben Mathews are now retired, Leo Barry, Brett Kirk, Jared Crouch and Michael O'Loughlin (absent tonight, injured) are also 30 or over and nearing the end of their careers.
    Of those I reckon Barry and Crouch should retire this year, then see how thw others fair next year. I would tip MOL to retire after next year, but who knows with Kirk and Bazza.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Of those I reckon Barry and Crouch should retire this year, then see how thw others fair next year. I would tip MOL to retire after next year, but who knows with Kirk and Bazza.
    Leo i'm afraid has to go. Kirk and Bazz 1 year. Micky went ok this year before injury.

Play the kids and refresh the coaching staff, whoever handles the defenders needs to go.
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

On the Rookie List
    Leo - one more year! Has played well since coming back from his hamstring. Jumping and looking quicker. Besides, who is going to play full back, LRT??? They have no one to take over in the full back position.

Leo has to go. As brilliant as he has been for us, he is the most penalised in the league (His style of defending sadly died when the rules were changed following our flag) and his decision making is not what it was.

Matthews and Spida are gone, hopefully Crouch will join them (Granted he did alright this year) and Leo. I really hope Micky O goes around again as he so richly deserves to make it to his 300th (And now that he has missed some games this year I should be back in the country to see it ), and BBB once he got over all the issues I thought was more then servicable. Was dangerous last night in a well beaten team and with little good service.

Kirky I think still has another year or two in him- we really need him around the club to help bring some of the younger brigade on (Not by teaching them the art of good disposal of course!).

Crouch has said he will go on, so the club would have to pay him out if they want him to go.

I thought Crouch has been good since his return. We need some new defenders and another good ruckman.

Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    Crouch has said he will go on, so the club would have to pay him out if they want him to go.
    Whether he goes on or not should be determined by how many others go, the quality of the draft and trade prospects. Frankly, whether Crouch wants to go on or not is immaterial, it is what is best for the club. If they need to pay him out to free up a spot on the list for untried talent as part of our list turnover, so be it.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Crouch should go.

Barry is probably done.

J Bolton showed last night that he will struggle against the better teams next year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    Or they could play him in the 2's like they did with Mathews.

Senior Player
    I thought Crouch's form these last few games has been ok. Tough decision for coaches..still, thats why they get the bucks and I get typing strain!

As much as the flack Brennan cops, I wish the club groomed him for the fullback position to take over from Leo. Sadly, they probably won't go that way and will most likely be delisted instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast