Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Swans are interested in White, Kerr and Didak!

Senior Player
    I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the bottom paragraph of that article.

Crouch gets another season

Along with Leo Barry this is disgraceful list management. What this does mean is that there will be some younger players really under the pump

Quote Originally Posted by Will Sangster View Post
    I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the bottom paragraph of that article.

Crouch gets another season

Along with Leo Barry this is disgraceful list management. What this does mean is that there will be some younger players really under the pump
    It's probably more damning for whoever signed him up to a multi year contract a few years ago when his body was falling apart.

Given he had 1 year to run on his contract, I can't blame Crouch for playing on and the Swans had little choice but to keep him on the list or pay him out, which doesn't make much sense.

I'm not against Kerr per say but if WCE want two top 10 picks then it will be nigh on impossible for us to make that happen.

Roos has an aversion to the draft which can't be explained. As others have pointed out, recruiting and testing is so thorough now that it's become less of a lottery than it once was. It's time the Swans caught up. I'd like us to develop our own stars rather than recruiting from other clubs. I'm sure supporters would appreciate that as well.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Given we all know how ROK spent his Monday evening, sounds like someone got in his ear during the festivities and gave him something else to think about.
    Care to explain?

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Care to explain?
    At the Brownlow Medal, surrounded by people from other clubs.....

I think Liz is saying there was plenty of opportunity for another club to have something to say that ROK would consider worth listening to.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

On the Rookie List
    This is interesting news indeed.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Crouch I'm not worried about. He is contracted, so either we get decent service from him (as we did when he played this year) or some youngster will improve and Crouch will do a Benny and help out with the twos.
    The Kerr "deal" I'm sceptical about. The club has made an offer and Roos doesn't know? Now pull the other one; either Roos is foxing (not his style IMO) or the reporter has the bull firmly by the foot (much more likely). Anyway, given WC's demands, it's unlikely we'll be in it.
    O'Keefe? Time will tell, but I very much want him to stay. The fact that his contract's expired would make me nervous, except that I think he wants to remain a Swan.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Crouch I'm not worried about. He is contracted, so either we get decent service from him (as we did when he played this year) or some youngster will improve and Crouch will do a Benny and help out with the twos.
    Except that he will be taking a spot on the list and a youngster such as O'Dwyer, Thornton, or Smith may have to be delisted for a bloke who will not be part of our next premiership

Would he get a game in any of the top 4 teams?

If Thornton hasn't managed to make the side in three years, I hardly think he's going to be part of our next premiership either.

Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    If Thornton hasn't managed to make the side in three years, I hardly think he's going to be part of our next premiership either.
    Wasn't he expected to make his debut in 2008 but tore his ACL during the pre-season?
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I think that's his point. Youngsters with potential will be taken out of development so someone like Crouch who DEFINATELY wont be part of out next premiership (short of a miracle next year) can have a run.

What a strange thing to say. Was a bottom age player and did his ACL this year when expected to debut. I am sure he will recover and become a really good player for us if given the opportunity.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Daniel Kerr, Ryan O'Keefe and Barry Hall

Fox Sports website quotes that Sydney have offered Daniel Kerr a 5 year deal. An extension of 3 years to Ryan O'Keefe and Paul Ross believes Barry Hall will see is career out at Sydney.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast