Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Swans are interested in White, Kerr and Didak!

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Back to square one for the Swans
    The whole thing is so demeaning. We were never in the hunt with the extortionate demands of the illegals. Now we look like an aging slapper rejected by a wide boy in blue suede shoes before the last chance dance at a cheap pick up. No experience of this myself but some here will get my drift.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    At the same time, it is pointless making claims as to where he ranks among 80-odd players, when the issue is whether he can play a role in the side.

No it's not it shows what level he is at as a player

The same Bevan described in the Herald Sun as a "dream match-up" for Murphy in our second final, who was "out-paced and out-classed" [paraphrasing the latter, but the former is a direct quote]?

Yes he was, but most believe it was a tactical error, Murphy is not a small forward. He would have had a field day with Crouch on him

The same Jack who had 70 inside 50s and just 19 rebounds from defensive 50, with 11 goals, thus suggesting he has great potential value as an attacking midfielder and minimal experience in the heart of defence? He is indeed a good run-with player through the middle, but without Crouch, he could find himself buried in defence.

Our defence is pretty well covered even without Kierin down there

Besides, two players is very little cover for a crucial role, when every side we come up against is likely to have a minimum of one key midfielder and one dangerous small forward.

If Crouch can play that hard-tagging role, educating the younger players in the process, he will be quite valuable.

Who exactly could Crouch play on? Are you suggesting he is capable of tagging a Gary Ablett or Adam Cooney or even a Nathan Foley? If so that is laughable

With his career about to end, he would be foolish to accept any sort of discount on an existing contract. Not many people would give up guaranteed money from a career they could no longer make money in just to help out their employer. Loyalty and team spirit only go so far, especially when money is involved.
    I don't disagree, but teams have moved contracted players into retirement before. I'm pretty sure if the match comittee advised him that senior opportunities would not be available he'd need to consider it, rather than suffer the indignity of taking big money to play ACTAFL football

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910