Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall to Bulldogs rumour

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    he has one pony and he will ride it till it drops.
    Bit like marriage really. Agree with your post. Trade Hall and get a young 20 something at FF. What about Pike. Throw him in straight away, Has height and speed. What about Moose as a nickname?

We need a new hero. Moose will be the man! First man in AFL to take on the All Blacks and leave them in his wake!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Why does this feel like the "dont you dare say a bad word about Bazza!" thread? I for one am sick of Hall's selfish, violent, moody, unpredicatable, tantrum prone, sulking, distracted, erratic behaviour. I'm fed up with watching him on the field time and time again throw his arms up and sulk whenever an umps decision doesnt go his way, meanwhile allowing play and the ball to get away from him. His two hits this year that led to his two suspensions were unacceptable from a team leader and former captain. We pay him a fortune to play great football but for the last two years he has underperformed and let down the team, the club and its supporters. Instead, this year he has been paid a fortune to get suspended twice, see a psychiatrist and continue to brood over his poor performance in the 2006 GF. His love life has been of almost as much interest to the media as his on field performance. He also very nearly derailed the teams attempt to win the 2005 GF with his unecessary hit on Maguire in the 2005 PF, a distraction we could have done without.

I use to be a big fan of his but not any more. I think his behaviour is affecting the rest of the team. I think that if he wants to want to leave the club we should trade him while he still has trade value. I also do not think that he is a 'sacred cow' who is above and beyond criticism. Far from it.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Well said, cruiser. I don't think we should trade Hall at all costs, but if we can pick up a young, high quality midfielder or even a top 5 pick in the draft (possibly from Fremantle) then you'd have to take it.

Hall could very well be finished, and even if he has a decent 2009 we wont be making the GF. I'm guessing he'll have very little trade value at the end of next season so if there's a chance to strike when the iron's hot, we should go for it.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Bit like marriage really. Agree with your post. Trade Hall and get a young 20 something at FF. What about Pike. Throw him in straight away, Has height and speed. What about Moose as a nickname?

We need a new hero. Moose will be the man! First man in AFL to take on the All Blacks and leave them in his wake!
    I think Mattner already has dibs on the nickname 'Moose.' Well to his team mates he is referred to as 'Moose'
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Why does this feel like the "dont you dare say a bad word about Bazza!" thread? I for one am sick of Hall's selfish, violent, moody, unpredicatable, tantrum prone, sulking, distracted, erratic behaviour. I'm fed up with watching him on the field time and time again throw his arms up and sulk whenever an umps decision doesnt go his way, meanwhile allowing play and the ball to get away from him. His two hits this year that led to his two suspensions were unacceptable from a team leader and former captain. We pay him a fortune to play great football but for the last two years he has underperformed and let down the team, the club and its supporters. Instead, this year he has been paid a fortune to get suspended twice, see a psychiatrist and continue to brood over his poor performance in the 2006 GF. His love life has been of almost as much interest to the media as his on field performance. He also very nearly derailed the teams attempt to win the 2005 GF with his unecessary hit on Maguire in the 2005 PF, a distraction we could have done without.

I use to be a big fan of his but not any more. I think his behaviour is affecting the rest of the team. I think that if he wants to want to leave the club we should trade him while he still has trade value. I also do not think that he is a 'sacred cow' who is above and beyond criticism. Far from it.
    Agreed 100%

If we can get a trade in our favour (ie quality young player or 1st round pick) we should take it.

Veteran Site Admin
    People who think the Dogs are going to give up Ryan Griffen (or Everitt, or Ward, or Cooney, or Higgins) or a first round pick in exchange for Hall are highly optimistic. If the Dogs are that desperate for him, I'd be less deadset against the notion. A second round pick and a fringe player is probably what we'd be realistically looking at.

Look down the list of second round draft picks over the past decade, see how many misses there are compared to even decent players, and decide if trading Hall is still the key ingredient to rebuilding a list.

Cruiser , everything in here is what Ive felt this year as well, though the Maguire thing is done and dusted.

The biggest thing everyone forgets though is this :

WHO DO YOU REPLACE HALL WITH ???
    We have played good footy without Hall , though we are better when he is up and going and he showed enough again at years end hes still up to it.
    Our last game proved how much he means to us.

Its alright to say get rid of him , though think of whats left & what we can get for him.
    Est 1874
    SMFC

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    People who think the Dogs are going to give up Ryan Griffen (or Everitt, or Ward, or Cooney, or Higgins) or a first round pick in exchange for Hall are highly optimistic. If the Dogs are that desperate for him, I'd be less deadset against the notion. A second round pick and a fringe player is probably what we'd be realistically looking at.

Look down the list of second round draft picks over the past decade, see how many misses there are compared to even decent players, and decide if trading Hall is still the key ingredient to rebuilding a list.
    Possibly with our first round pick it could be enough....(also possibly not)

I think Griffen is my favourite non swan and I'd love to have him at the swans.

Reading your previous post I dont think Baz will stay. I think he's a selfish footballer at heart, and he'll go in search of another flag. I've made the comparison between Thierry Henry and Baz for a few years now.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Didn't think showing passion was considered such a bad trait. But hey he is nothing but

Funny i feel the same way about Nick Davis, except Nick Davis is a serious waste of both time and talent and should have been slipping sherbies with the bra boys at "the surrey bra" and the other maggots who live at the shire, but alas he is being paid to do nothing and is taking up a spot on the list.

Can't wait until the weasel turns out for another club i will have no qualms in abusing the little sissy. I wish i could somehow delete his image from my 2005 Premiership dvd collection. If only it was someone else and not him. god i can't stand at all, both as a person and a footballer. Zero respect and if i were too see him wasted slumped on a street i would nod my head and keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    Didn't think showing passion was considered such a bad trait. But hey he is nothing but

Funny i feel the same way about Nick Davis, except Nick Davis is a serious waste of both time and talent and should have been slipping sherbies with the bra boys at "the surrey bra" and the other maggots who live at the shire, but alas he is being paid to do nothing and is taking up a spot on the list.

Can't wait until the weasel turns out for another club i will have no qualms in abusing the little sissy. I wish i could somehow delete his image from my 2005 Premiership dvd collection. If only it was someone else and not him. god i can't stand at all, both as a person and a footballer. Zero respect and if i were too see him wasted slumped on a street i would nod my head and keep moving.
    You have a bizarre obsession.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    The original source of the rumour was a "friend" likely to be Hall's manager!

Reportedly on $500K pa (lets accept that) some of the usual components are match payment and finals bonus. He has 1 yr left.

So, manager thinks BBBH is one brain snap (even as minor as the Wakelin incident) away from absolutely out the door, clearly current contract allows Swans to suspend indefinitely.

Friend "Spida" went chasing a 2 yr deal to finish off his career. Hall manager can think if we chase only $400k pa and 2 yrs you are guaranteed $800K with a almost certain finals team, lower profile great midfield fast delivery

Versus

One brain snap! away from finish and humiliation !
    Must perform well to get extension.
    Possible exit of O'loughlin, Barry, god forbid... Kirk, and maybe Roos at end of 09 new coach line drawn through your name too??? as only have one year left!
    More pressure if stay as senior player forward
    Difficult to see another 2 finals series
    Ongoing psych appointments and scrutiny

They are fishing for offers to try and goad Swans into a 2 yr deal now or an easier way to finish career and maximise income, and get terms that cover for incident!

Oh and 2nd round plus fringe would be the best Dogs would offer. However at least they have now freed up some salary cap otherwise trade was impossible anyway! But trade unlikely to happen IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    A second round pick and a fringe player is probably what we'd be realistically looking at.
    Not for a contracted player. If Hall was uncontracted it would be a different story but if the Dogs are desperate to land a key forward currently contracted to another club they'll need to pay the market value - first round pick AND a fringe player with talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post

It must pain you that the only reason a 2005 Premiership DVD collection exists is because of Nick Davis.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast