Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Week - Offers and Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Lovett isn't worth a first round pick.

One possibility could be a trade with Carlton involving a swap of first round picks. i.e we get their no. 6 and they get our 12. There would need to be something else to sweeten it though and I don't think Carlton have any depth worth trading.
    So you dont think O'Keefe is worth Lovett and Boyle i think that would be a pretty good trade for us.
    What about O'Keefe to Essendon for Lovett swapping their pick first pick 5 for our 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    According to Big Footy, Demons Paul Wheatley to become a Swan in exchange for our 2nd pick. Why are we trading for a 27yr old?
    Not the most reliable source.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

O'Keefe is worth a lot more than Lovett.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

But O'Keefe is uncontracted, unlike Lovett. That can make a difference to trade value, especially if the player is prepared to go to the PSD.

Senior Player
    ROK wont go in the PSD, otherwise he ends up at Melbourne or another interstate club

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    I just hope we dont get rid of Brennan. I really think he is a good player, just has not been given the chance.
    If he could only handball. Remember Dunks? Couldn't kick, not much at running, but he had the safest hands and contested mark, and that's how I rate Brennan. He gets the ball, but....so its up to the backline coach to set up some plays that make Brennan safe. But do not, I repeat DO NOT, allow him anywhere near the goals. uhhhfffgghh..... then again, I used to say that about Macca.....who knows what could happen.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    17 goals from 15 games in the 2's.

Can't be that bad

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/?pageid=resgoals

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    17 goals from 15 games in the 2's.

Can't be that bad
    But he kicked 9 of those in one game.

I believe there was a wicked breeze that day, just pushed every miskick thru the big sticks.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I heard a rumor on SEN Lovett and pick 23 to Sydney for our pick 12.
    The other rumor i heard was Paul Wheatley to Sydney for pick 30.
    The Lovett trade seems about fair but im not to sure about Wheatley.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
    I heard a rumor on SEN Lovett and pick 23 to Sydney for our pick 12.
    The other rumor i heard was Paul Wheatley to Sydney for pick 30.
    The Lovett trade seems about fair but im not to sure about Wheatley.
    There is no way Sydney can afford to trade a first round pick. If we get one through a ROK trade I'd rather we keep the 2 first round picks than trading one away for a player like Lovett.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    There is no way Sydney can afford to trade a first round pick. If we get one through a ROK trade I'd rather we keep the 2 first round picks than trading one away for a player like Lovett.
    I think Lovett could play some really good footy for the swans if he gets his head right. We still have an early second round pick 23 and whateva we get for Ryan, which is hopefully a top 10 pick.
    If we use pick 23 and a top 10 then it both helps us maintain our position next year as well as brings in a good young player for the future.

Regular in the Side
    we should sticvk to our guns. draft pick inside top 10, treat Lovett as separate, only worth a second round at earliest. If no deal ROK to Demons and would he want that.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast