Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Nick Davis

On ya bike Davo.

Best news Ive heard over the last couple of weeks.
    Est 1874
    SMFC

How very bizarre. I would have thought that the club would waited until they clarify the O'Keefe situation as Bas said.

Well, good luck to him. Almost certainly the most naturally talented footballer at the Swans, but you can't get by on just that.

If we lose ROK, there's a semi-chance we'll pick him up again!

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Big assumptions there. You're making a habit of this.
    So tell me why he can play like he did in the finals series of 05, where he ran, competed hard and most of all wanted the ball.

To someone who clearly looked overweight at times and looked like they were going through the motions.

And this problem was not percuilar to us either, he had the exact same issues at Collingood.

Davis was given enough chances by us and Collingwood for the football world to realise that he was his own worst enemy.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

On the Rookie List
    Sad to see him go, thank you for the memories!

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    So tell me why he can play like he did in the finals series of 05, where he ran, competed hard and most of all wanted the ball.

To someone who clearly looked overweight at times and looked like they were going through the motions.

And this problem was not percuilar to us either, he had the exact same issues at Collingood.

Davis was given enough chances by us and Collingwood for the football world to realise that he was his own worst enemy.

DST
    Again assumptions and perceptions. You're certainly entitled to them, but you can't state them as if they are fact because you simply don't know.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    I can only assume getting rid of davo now is because the club is confident or has word that ROK is staying, heres hoping anyway!

Again assumptions and perceptions. You're certainly entitled to them, but you can't state them as if they are fact because you simply don't know.
    Or an informed opinion?

Clearly 14 other clubs recruiters thought so as well.

DST

Or an informed opinion?
    It's an opinion, but we don't know how well informed it is as we don't know the full story.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Go Swans Always
    I am really devastated. This has been totally political and unbelievable. Talk about favourites with a coach.

None of the handling of Davis has been done correctly.

I will never forget his brilliance that was never used and added to in the correct way by coaches.

Obviously O'Keefe isnt staying either - obviously more politics. The way O'Keefe is playing around with the Melbourne clubs - or should I say carltank are definitely carltanking and the damn AFL don't give a brass razoo.

Melbourne clubs are all they care about. They can have their pick of players in the draft and can float under salary caps and no one gives a care. We are Melbourne clubs. AFL will support us as we are always loaded unfairly.

Team will be completed depleted now.

I feel completely let down today by all concerned.

I am really fuming about how the Swans handled the whole of Nick Davis's career - they didn't do it at all well. Total talent that was never utilised.

Love those Swans

It's an opinion, but we don't know how well informed it is as we don't know the full story.
    I may not know the full story, but it helps when you speak to one of the recruiting officers at the other clubs.

DST

No matter the reasons for Dick Navis' departure, I shall forever remember him in the red and white for two main reasons:

1) Those 4 magical, unforgettable last quarter goals in the 05 semi.
    2) His first game against his old side in 03 at the Telstra Dome when he kicked a goal from 45 metres out on a tight angle to send Collingwood packing after they were storming back.

All the best Nick and thanks for the memories!
    Swannies for life!

I may not know the full story, but it helps when you speak to one of the recruiting officers at the other clubs.

DST
    Still doesn't cover my original objection though - that he is entirely to blame.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast