View Poll Results: Which team will ROK be playing for next year?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Swans will re-sign him

39 55.71%
  • Melbourne

4 5.71%
  • West Coast

0 0%
  • Fremantle

1 1.43%
  • Port Adelaide

1 1.43%
  • Essendon

4 5.71%
  • Carlton

21 30.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New ROK poll - will he stay?

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    From what I read Hawthorn decided not to put up pick 16 as they wanted a pick in the top 30.
    It would seem that discussuins went from:

* Pick 16 + player

to

* Someone from the premiership team (except 7 listed players + plus Jordan Lewis who we asked for)

to

* Pick 16 is off the table, so it's 34 + player

To finally nothing as Hawthorn couldn't actually put anything of substance on the table.

I would hope that the clun would use the Hawthorn experience to warn O'Keefe of looking at PSD offers as clearly Hawthorn (despite getting O'Keefe to agree to a pay cut) were not serioulsy interested in doing business.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Hawthorn's dealings during trade week make me sick, and now just this year's either. If I was a cynicist I'd say that Hawthorn sat on ROK - got the agreement from the player that he'd come, etc, etc - to stop other Melbourne clubs from coming in. But I'm not, so I'll just say that every club knows what they want from the trade week before it starts and every club knows what they'd give up before it starts, and that the Hawks are a bunch of two-faced reneggers.
    10100111001 ;-)

There was also the "source" who claimed ROK was never interested in Hawthorn and that Carlton was his preferred destination.

Carlton made no attempt to trade because they know they're a more than reasonable chance in the PSD.

ROK wouldn't go through this process if he didn't want out of the Swans. My view is that anyone expecting him to re-sign is in dreamland.

If I'm proved wrong so be it, but Carlton or Essendon will get him and the Swans will get nothing. Thanks Ryan.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I think he'll stay. Too much of a risk in the PSD. If ROK plans to try it again next year (ie sign a 1 year deal with the swans) then i say @@@@ him and cut him loose now.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

What could he have done?
    Accepted what was on offer from Hawthorn, even if it was peanuts. Pride is one thing. He is being paid to do what's best for the club he is employed by, and if he seriously doubted O'Keefe would re-sign, he'd just cut his losses, grit his teeth and take what he could get.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

double vodka lemon pls
    Carlton made no attempt to trade because they know they're a more than reasonable chance in the PSD.

ROK wouldn't go through this process if he didn't want out of the Swans. My view is that anyone expecting him to re-sign is in dreamland.

If I'm proved wrong so be it, but Carlton or Essendon will get him and the Swans will get nothing. Thanks Ryan.[/QUOTE]

here here, thanks ryan. was my fav player not anymore.

very cranky pants at how this has all panned out just quietly.
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

they should just discard him,he doesnt want to be there any way.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    I think he'll stay. Too much of a risk in the PSD. If ROK plans to try it again next year (ie sign a 1 year deal with the swans) then i say @@@@ him and cut him loose now.
    If he stays he'll be the most highly paid captain of the ressies we ever had.

Do you think he regrets getting the new manager now?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Accepted what was on offer from Hawthorn, even if it was peanuts. Pride is one thing. He is being paid to do what's best for the club he is employed by, and if he seriously doubted O'Keefe would re-sign, he'd just cut his losses, grit his teeth and take what he could get.
    I doubt he would have accepted pick #32 only. That would say to everyone in the future that the Swans cave in on trade deals.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

If I'm honest I really dont care now - he has made his feelings known. He doesnt want to be here, so he will do all that he can to go elsewhere. If he is stuck here, he wont reprise his role in the leadership group so his heart really wont be in it. Hope I'm wrong of course.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

I doubt he would have accepted pick #32 only. That would say to everyone in the future that the Swans cave in on trade deals.
    True, if we caved in on that deal we could have just hang a sign out the front of Driver Avenue saying all players for sale, name a price, any price!

It's painful but sometimes you have to set a standard. Port did it with Nick Stevens and it didn't do them too much harm.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Surely pick 35 for Everitt says the same, in reverse?

Everybody knows that players out of contract go for considerably less than market value, especially when the majority of the clubs that are after that player have early picks in the PSD. It would hardly be a blow for our reputation, and it would be a damn sight better for the club.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast