View Poll Results: Which team will ROK be playing for next year?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Swans will re-sign him

39 55.71%
  • Melbourne

4 5.71%
  • West Coast

0 0%
  • Fremantle

1 1.43%
  • Port Adelaide

1 1.43%
  • Essendon

4 5.71%
  • Carlton

21 30.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New ROK poll - will he stay?

New ROK poll - will he stay?

Who thinks a deal will be done and he will stay?

Who thinks he will go into the PSD and which team will pick him up?
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

I hope he goes into the PSD, but I think he will end up staying.

He's said that he wants to go to a Melbourne club but going into the PSD could mean he ends up in Perth or Adelaide. So I think he will play it safe and stay put.

From all accounts his relationship with the club has remained cordial and he has remained in contact with Roos (believe they met on Friday afternoon after the 2.00pm deadline).

I am leaning towards he will sign with us, but may have another crack of trying to get back to Melbourne next year, which is fine as ROK is professional enough to give his best next year if he stays on.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

i dont have a clue, and i dont think anyone at the swans has much of a clue what they are doing in 2009 at this stage, are we entering the comp?
    Theres not much left to say

Roos wouldn't have allowed to deal to be struck unless he was confident O'Keefe would re-sign. Not certain, but confident. I think that's where the smart money lies.
    Last edited by BSA5; 12th October 2008 at 10:53 PM.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Roos wouldn't have allowed to deal to be stuck unless he was confident O'Keefe would re-sign.
    What could he have done?

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm over the ROK saga. If he stays all well and good, if he goes, sfw? Over the past couple of years we have shed ourselves of several good or reasonable players anyway and replaced them with a mix of both OK and CPs, so I dont think whether ROK stays or goes will make a penneth of difference to where we finish in 2009,10 or 11. But if I were to put money on it, Id say he'd go, as I cant imagine how he would fit back in, having shown such disloyalty and honesty, if reports are to be believed.
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    What could he have done?
    I assume he means that a deal for just pick 16 would have been accepted as a last minute something unless the club is confident he will reconsider.

Personally from what has been said so far, Hawthorn put up and withdrew so much during the 4 days that we were never confident what was exactly on the table in the end.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    From all accounts his relationship with the club has remained cordial and he has remained in contact with Roos (believe they met on Friday afternoon after the 2.00pm deadline).

I am leaning towards he will sign with us, but may have another crack of trying to get back to Melbourne next year, which is fine as ROK is professional enough to give his best next year if he stays on.

DST
    Nothing like a drop of cordial to cool things down a bit.

Money in a brown paper bag will be exchanged under the table...
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    I assume he means that a deal for just pick 16 would have been accepted as a last minute something unless the club is confident he will reconsider.

Personally from what has been said so far, Hawthorn put up and withdrew so much during the 4 days that we were never confident what was exactly on the table in the end.
    From what I read Hawthorn decided not to put up pick 16 as they wanted a pick in the top 30.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by 573v30 View Post
    Money in a brown paper bag will be exchanged under the table...
    Swan or Blue money?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast