Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brennan, Beckmans delisted

Brennan, Beckmans delisted

Luke Brennan and rookies Dean Terlich and Matthew Beckmans delisted along with Nick Davis, Roos confirms. With the retirements of Everitt and Mathews, that's six exits.

"That will give us three picks in the [national] draft and a few rookie spots," Roos said. "We'll have pick 12, 30 and 61, and we'll be able to get some more young kids in which is good for us."
    Brennan forced to pack bags again - realfooty.com.au
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I'm not surprised that Brennan's been delisted again. Played some great games in the Reserves but some of his performances in the seniors weren't up to standard with the limited opportunities he had in the past 2 seasons.

A couple of rookies had to go, unfortunately Terlich and Beckmans were given their marching orders.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Good decision RE: Brennan but can't fault that he really did give it his all. Best of luck to him in the future.
    Last edited by Jeffers1984; 24th October 2008 at 09:32 AM.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Very dissapointed with this, I was a Brennan fan, I honestly felt he wasnt given a fair go. In the games he played in, he did O.K, but then was dropped the next week, when clearly there were worse players that needed to go before him. Not happy jan.

No surprise there. With such small lists, you just can't keep bit-part players. A conservative, but reasonable, decision.

Disappointed about Brennan, but not that surprised. Good luck to all of them.

I feel for the young bloke, he must be shattered.

Although I would have delisted a few before Luke, his skill level is just not up to it.

I'm also dissapointed about Brennans delisting, should of been given more consecutive starts, as others have, he was given no chance to settle in and build confidence.
    On another point, why is it that Roos tries to paint having 3 picks in the draft as if it's something special. Like we're really loading up with kids. I would of thought 3 picks is the bare minimum.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    I feel for the young bloke, he must be shattered.

Although I would have delisted a few before Luke, his skill level is just not up to it.
    Correct. He had his chance and couldn't make use of it. He'll do well at the next level down if he wants to keep playing footy.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good luck Luke with the footy and your singing. You have served the red and white well.

I'd wonder if he was feeling that shattered. Probably disappointed and philosophical. Luke got a lifeline when he originally came to the Swans. It wasn't like there were a plethora of clubs wanting to trade for him.

I liked the way he went about his footy, but he just wasn't cut out for it at the highest level. I was expecting it, and would have done the exact same thing.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Senior Player
    Showed glimpses of being a good player, but unfortunately his disposal just wasn't up to scratch.

Good luck Luke
    Last edited by caj23; 24th October 2008 at 05:00 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast