11 30.56%

8 22.22%

4 11.11%

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate a Season # 28 Jared Crouch

Rate a Season # 28 Jared Crouch

Rate away ...
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

3 - limited impact due to injury.

Showed glimpses of his pre-injury form. Hope he gets his body right in 2009.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Just started to show some signs that there's life left in the man yet. I hope there is, because whilst a fully fit Crouch is an asset, an out of form and/or injured Crouch is most certainly a liability.

Veterans List

I thought he was serviceable when he came back. I still marvel at his miraculous recovery after the Pope left our shores.

4/10

Given what he's gone through for the past couple of years with regards to injury, he's done an OK job to get back into the side. His role as a serial pest and tagger has definitely been hampered due to injury.

He only played 7 games but didn't get dropped and improved from his form of 2007. Statswise, his disposals have increased (ave. 14.4 in 2008 vs. 11.9 in 2007), tackles were up (2.7 vs. 2.2) but marks were slight down (1.9 vs. 2.1).

He had pretty good performances against Fremantle, Geelong and Western Bulldogs but it's obvious his best is well past him and I didn't think he'd get a game this year. Next year will be interesting...
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

I agree next year may be his last so imo i expecting the serial pest of old to emerge and wreak havoc

Really not possible to rate his season, but when he finally made it back he showed that he knows how to straighten us up and his run thru the corridor from deep in defence was a breath of fresh air.

What he brings to the table is underrated when fit. Looking forward to an injury free 2009.

Talk that he should retire now is premature, IMO.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    I've given him an 8 for what he does to the team when he's on the ground. Strangely, his enforced absence seems to have taken away a lot of his negating power and, not so-strangely, a lot of his remarkable speed - I even saw opposition players run away from him this year and I've never seen that in the past. But he was a revelation when he was on the ground for running and kicking down the middle when everyone else was seeking the wings. (And his role as a steadying influence to hold possession and win us the game in the dying seconds of one close game was excellent.) If he can just get the old attacking message through to his team mates in these last seasons he deserves his position as one of the Premiership team's great players.

I hope he plays every game of 2009 and then settles back with a bottle of Grange or two to celebrate.

I gave him 5 - a bit generous but thought he'd earned the extra point by hanging in there the last two seasons.

He did pretty much everything that was asked of him in the few games he played. Thought he was one of our best in the final against the Doggies.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I've given him an 8 for what he does to the team when he's on the ground. Strangely, his enforced absence seems to have taken away a lot of his negating power and, not so-strangely, a lot of his remarkable speed - I even saw opposition players run away from him this year and I've never seen that in the past. But he was a revelation when he was on the ground for running and kicking down the middle when everyone else was seeking the wings. (And his role as a steadying influence to hold possession and win us the game in the dying seconds of one close game was excellent.) If he can just get the old attacking message through to his team mates in these last seasons he deserves his position as one of the Premiership team's great players.

I hope he plays every game of 2009 and then settles back with a bottle of Grange or two to celebrate.
    What he said

Paul Roos for PM

I love Crouchy.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I love Crouchy.
    And what she said!!!!!

Paul Roos for PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast