Thread: Goodes interview

Goodes interview

Paul Roos and Adam Goodes chew the fat | Daily Telegraph

Good read - I like how PR goes into pimp for AG at the end.
    Last edited by CJK; 27th March 2009 at 11:50 AM.

PR: At the time - and I was a part of the coaching staff - how did you feel about the consistently negative approach to you from coaching staff?

AG: At the time I felt I am just one player, how can my performance affect the whole team so dramatically? But looking back now, I can see what they meant, because my impact on games now can be so positive or it can be so detrimental to the group. That is something I have learnt in the last couple of years. I think what got me through it was my ability to try to find the positive out of what they were trying to say. It never really got to me personally because I had the players' support.

PR: For someone who has received his fair share of criticism, what do you say to a player when he comes up to you now and says 'Roosy was too critical of me'?
    Poor bugger. They've been sticking it up him since day one.
    Lucky Goodesy's bigger than that!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Annie in 'first to reply to Goodes related post' shocker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Annie in 'first to reply to Goodes related post' shocker!!!
    History will see everyone viewing him the way I do ... only it'll be too late for some.

Besides, I'm the only one up this early.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Adam was probably always a more than usually thoughtful young fellow, but he seems to have put on some mental and emotional muscle. A very encouraging interview from a club supporter's perspective. I hope this already fine player can achieve even more, for his sake and ours.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)