Thread: Malceski Up Forward

Malceski Up Forward

Malceski talks about moving forward in this article Malceski happy moving forward - AFL - Fox Sports

I though moving Malceski forward during the hawks game was fantastic, he looked fully at home and kicked 3 goals all at important times. He also kicked straight from 50 out in the pocked straight through the middle.

I like him playing in the 50 releasing O'keefe to play up the ground, the position he is the most effective in. But only if we can spare his run off half back.

Cant wait to watch the replay on one tomorrow and really get a good look at his game.

we have shaw dwn there..leo be bak soon..and why not try meredith in that area..he got a great head and speed to burn

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by thejones,s View Post
    we have shaw dwn there..leo be bak soon..and why not try meredith in that area..he got a great head and speed to burn

I like this. Moving Malceski forward was a master stroke. Very damaging. Correct me if I'm wrong, but already this season it seems we have more interchangeable parts than we've had in recent memory. Jesse White give us similar flexibility with his role in the ruck, up forward or down back.

You're not wrong. We have quite a few versatile players, the ever flexible Goodes, along with Grundy, White, Richards, Malceski and you could probably stick Jolly in that category, too.

...and the best part about it, is that unlike a certain other player with blond hair and a large rump, he rarely misses. If he stays forward of the centre this year, I expect our goals to point ratio will look much better than in recent years. Leading forwards will love it too.

Only thing is that he will be tagged soon.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Suspended by the MRP
    If the esky gets tagged - then someone else will be released? release Barrabus?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama View Post
    If the esky gets tagged - then someone else will be released? release Barrabus?
    Yeah! Welease Bawabbus!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

NO, welease Wodewick!!!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

I reckon Eski at wing / half-forward delivering his bullets to the F50 or at goal is a beautiful thing. It's looks like Shaw has 'weleased' him from his running half-back duties. Let's hope that continues.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

I'd much rather Malceski delivering the ball into 50 that receiving it there. That's when he's most damaging. Playing him a bit further up the ground will help our forwards immensly.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    I'd much rather Malceski delivering the ball into 50 that receiving it there. That's when he's most damaging. Playing him a bit further up the ground will help our forwards immensly.
    So would I Hammo , though he isnt mentaly right at the moment with the knee. A great example was when Luke Hodge made that tackle on him on Saturday night. He stood there and didnt move in the tackle as he just did not want to be twisted or thrown out of control.

The bonus though by having him there if he does get it he can kick them from anywhere and is deadly on the run and from a set shot
    Est 1874
    SMFC