Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodes issues Judd challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I couldn't disagree more with the 'McVeigh best option' theory.

He struggled as a tagger to the point where the majority of fans wondered how he kept his spot.

He got freed of tagging duties last year and a B&F was a result.

Why would we sacrifice one of the few attacking midfield options we have?
    Absolutely spot on! We need the footy in this man's hands as he's the classiest midfielder we've got.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I couldn't disagree more with the 'McVeigh best option' theory.

He struggled as a tagger to the point where the majority of fans wondered how he kept his spot.

He got freed of tagging duties last year and a B&F was a result.

Why would we sacrifice one of the few attacking midfield options we have?
    Who said McVeigh should tag Judd ? McVeigh could match up on Judd without trying to be a hard tag. If he were to go forward and snag a couple of early goals, then it would be Judd needing to be accountable, which hopefully would stifle his game a little. Big ask I know, but if McVeigh is going to be an elite midfielder, he needs to beat guys like Judd now and again, without tagging.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Exactly what he did against reigning the Brownlow Medallist , last year.

Went head to head and snagged 6 goals in what was probably the best game of McVeighs career.

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Who said McVeigh should tag Judd ? McVeigh could match up on Judd without trying to be a hard tag.

Exactly what I was trying to say. For a pure shut down role, Shaw, and if you want to make Judd worry when we have the ball, why not have him worry about one of our best MF options?
    Last edited by dread and might; 16th April 2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: grammar
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

I would play kirk on judd but not as a tagger and just let them go head to head, i think judds influence on a game is over rated at the best of times and plus the small confines of the SCG will help us too lock him down.

I think we need too put the most time into Eddie Betts. Probably the best small forward in the game at the moment and can kick bags of goals and from anywhere on the field. Maybe we could target him with some heavy physical pressure.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    For a footy lesson in rapid and effective disposal, watch Judd closely, he doesn't miss many targets.... quite a few Swans are like glaciers disposing of the ball compared to Judd...
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123