Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Technique?

Senior Player

New Technique?

Anyone noticed that this season the Swans have each week publicised the guys on the opposition they expect to have a big influence?
    They gave Franklin a big wrap during that week, told us that Fev would be over the yips, and today they announce that Pavlich is due for a big one.
    Wherever this has come from it sure seems to be working..mostly in our favour. Seems to inspire Bolts and LRT to bigger things every week!

Come on down...Richo
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I don't think it's new exactly, but the coach has certainly taken his spinning to a higher level. It's almost satire.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Roosy knows what he's doing allright, hope Sandilands and Pav get big headed and over confident

Paul Roos for PM

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Anyone noticed that this season the Swans have each week publicised the guys on the opposition they expect to have a big influence?
    They gave Franklin a big wrap during that week, told us that Fev would be over the yips, and today they announce that Pavlich is due for a big one.
    Wherever this has come from it sure seems to be working..mostly in our favour. Seems to inspire Bolts and LRT to bigger things every week!
    yes, there is a trend indeed. Taking up our opponents is quite common.

It might have inspired our defenders but may have stabbed at most of our other players confidence that little bit, probably a cause of our first quarter failure in more games.

In most other games, we want to go in confident against any team or opponents. Yes, we need to contain these top players but we dont need to know in the press from coaches that we are going for a beating by these super players. We dont need to know the coach excuse why our team is going to lose. If we lose, we examine why we lost and address them. If we win, we examine how we can polish our acts further.

Better that we talk up our top players and their strength, and let the other coach worry about us. More confident players are better than tentative players before a game. It is common a tentative cricket player heading towards the pitch is asking for disaster - he gets his head/wicket blown off.
    A tentative 10 metre diver would body smash onto the water. Ouch!

You can feel the player confidence after each win, from their celebratory walk about immediately, heads high facing the crowd in SCG after a win. Heads down after a loss. You cant buy confidence - you have to nurture it.

The psychology of talking down our team and talking up of our opponents or opponent key players most of the time is a questionable tactic. Perhaps consult a "game psycholgist to determine the use of this tactic on a regular basis.

hhmm me thinks that talking up Pav, Sandilands & Co back fired somewhat!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    hhmm me thinks that talking up Pav, Sandilands & Co back fired somewhat!
    But then, if he had've played in his normal position, against his usual opponent, and not Ablett??

Good coaching by Harvey, to throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    But then, if he had've played in his normal position, against his usual opponent, and not Ablett??

Good coaching by Harvey, to throw the cat amongst the pigeons.
    Pav was going to have a blinder no matter who was put on him - he was in the zone (sadly!)

So who will be the poster boy to talk up from Richmond then?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Pav was going to have a blinder no matter who was put on him - he was in the zone (sadly!)

So who will be the poster boy to talk up from Richmond then?
    Cuz will be a challenge. I think we should talk up the Wallett. Lateral thinker, keen student of the game etc, etc. Talking up Richo is really dangerous he might take it on board and kick ten goals.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Cuz will be a challenge. I think we should talk up the Wallett. Lateral thinker, keen student of the game etc, etc. Talking up Richo is really dangerous he might take it on board and kick ten goals.
    never a truer word said in jest!!! thats the thing isnt it - players/teams who have had some pretty bad press during that week seem to grow an extra leg when it comes to playing us the following weekend.
    is there any chance of Swine flu reaching Punt road by say Wednesday???

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Cuz is out this week, coming back via VFL. Richo has a sore arse and may miss.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Richo has a sore arse and may miss.
    Even i won't go near that. Still the problem that Wardy has posed remains. It will take a Goebbels like effort to spin any positivies for the Tiges. Maybe we can talk up their famous capacity to stick together in tough times? Thank them for Stewie Maxfield? Congratulate them on picking up Stafford? This is really tough.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast