1 1.79%
  • Eagles - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • Eagles - 40 points or more

1 1.79%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 8 - West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I am just reading on BF (I know I know...smacks self around head) that he is going to retire. Next week his last game at 150th.
    If true, I'm sad. Hate to see a player of his talent retire early due to injury.
    Good bloody riddance to the a-hole I say. Your liking for him is beyond my comprehension.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Good bloody riddance to the a-hole I say. Your liking for him is beyond my comprehension.
    There are very few players who I would ever wish injury or misfortune on. He, however, is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    There are very few players who I would ever wish injury or misfortune on. He, however, is one of them.
    Yep. Comments about him becoming a Swan causes the bile to rise in my throat.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Swans-Eagles: the birth of a classic - AFL.com.au

Amazing sequence in retrospect. It was pretty special at the time, but I was too busy hoping for a massive blowout in the Swans favor.

How a rivalry was born

Elimination final: Sydney Swans 11.9 (75) d West Coast 4.10 (34), ANZ Stadium

Round 6: West Coast 15.14 (104) d Sydney Swans 8.11 (59), Subiaco
    Round 17: Sydney Swans 13.10 (88) d West Coast 9.13 (67), SCG
    Qualifying final: West Coast 10.9 (69) d Sydney Swans 10.5 (65), Subiaco
    Grand final: Sydney Swans 8.10 (58) d West Coast 7.12 (54), MCG

Round 15: West Coast 9.13 (67) d Sydney Swans 9.11 (65), Subiaco
    Qualifying final: Sydney Swans 13.7 (85) d West Coast 12.12 (84), Subiaco
    Grand final: West Coast 12.13 (85) d Sydney Swans 12.12 (84), MCG

Round 1: West Coast 10.13 (74) d Sydney Swans 11.8 (73), ANZ Stadium
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Its a pity Hunter is out. I enjoy ridiculing and abusing the nastiest player in the AFL.

I was hoping Blind Barry would give him a bitch slap on the way through!!
    I offered to pay the fine and everything!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

well lets be happy too that pussy pants Staker isnt playing - that means the media cant blow up last years "brain snap" episode out of proportion again - and have the head line "THE SHOWDOWN - WILL BBBH KEEP HIS COOL" or some other rubbish that they come out with. The "Wilson's" Rebecca & Carolyn deserve special mention there, you would have thought that Baz had murdered Staker the way they went on at the time. But with Staker ,Hunter & Kerr gone - the sting has gone out of the game as far as the media is concerned which to my mind is a good thing - Hope that Baz gets a bag of goals and that the feed to him from the midfield is 100% better than it was last week. Swans by 57 (ok I'm with Annie - win by 1 point and I will be happy!)
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Seconded. Well, thirded or fourthded.

I am just reading on BF (I know I know...smacks self around head) that he is going to retire. Next week his last game at 150th.
    If true, I'm sad. Hate to see a player of his talent retire early due to injury.
    Retire! Hunter!! No no no!!! Its worse than losing Libba!!!! How can I seethe with rage now!!!!!! bugger.

And how could you possibly be even slightly sad? Its all so confusing.

How come we all so want to bury the bloke in sand and set fire ants on him? I can't remember. I seem to see red with rage every time and I cannot remember why. I can with Libba tho.

Everyone is so well behaved now who can we vent our feelings on now!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Does anyone remember it was against the wiggles at the SCG round 22 in 1996 that the first Syyddnneeyyyy chant went up in driving rain? That's how long ago it was. And David W was only 17 I think and they had to fish him out of his fishing trip as they were down on players. My my my. Roosy playing, Plugger not playing, my hero Wade Chapman out there.....I feel old.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Silver member, not Gold pinkemu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Yep. Comments about him becoming a Swan causes the bile to rise in my throat.
    It seems my bait was well and truly taken.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    How come we all so want to bury the bloke in sand and set fire ants on him? I can't remember. I seem to see red with rage every time and I cannot remember why.
    It's perplexing. I've never understood what he's done to irk the red and white so much - other than to sneak forward and kick a couple of goals after taking some good contested marks (what BF call Woosha's Plan B).

Veterans List
    So the ringleader is retiring. It appears he is struggling to be fired up before a game and hence his zest is depleted.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast