Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swans Reserves - DOK Kicks 6 - Can it be true?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Also (and more as a response to Giant), as was pointed out a week or two ago, Schneider has hardly turned into a potential Brownlow medallist. He's played a couple of excellent games, especially in recent weeks, but he played many excellent games for us over the years he was on our list. His issue was doing it consistently, plus the fact that the gap between his good and bad was too great. He was little more than so-so for most of last season, but is currently contributing well in one of the two stand-out teams in the comp. It is a lot easier for a middle of the road player to look fantastic in a top team than it is in a middling team.

(And I'm saying this as someone who was a big Schneider fan and was very disappointed when he was traded.)
    I think the bold is the key point for Scheids right now. Still doesn't detract from the fact that Monty now finds himself in the dreaded "mid-tier" that will be under constant scrutiny if the Pies & Crows games don't fall our way.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not sure how any of us could possibly know that - not unless you have "inside information".

More to the point, we don't know how the change of club has affected Schneider and/or whether a similar change of environment might have changed Buchanan.

Also (and more as a response to Giant), as was pointed out a week or two ago, Schneider has hardly turned into a potential Brownlow medallist. He's played a couple of excellent games, especially in recent weeks, but he played many excellent games for us over the years he was on our list. His issue was doing it consistently, plus the fact that the gap between his good and bad was too great. He was little more than so-so for most of last season, but is currently contributing well in one of the two stand-out teams in the comp. It is a lot easier for a middle of the road player to look fantastic in a top team than it is in a middling team.

(And I'm saying this as someone who was a big Schneider fan and was very disappointed when he was traded.)
    He looks a hell of alot trimmer to me, could have something to do with him getting back into form
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123