Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the month ahead...part 2/we will bounce back and win 4 in a row (merged thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    another way to look at the North game is that if you can't beat them at the SCG, then really you don't deserve to play in the finals....
    Correct. Can't make it if we don't win. At the moment, I'm still hopeful.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    Having said that, Centrebet have us $1.30 favourites and North at $3.30 for the win. Seems I have no idea what I'm talking about (or else the bookies didn't watch North on the weekend).

Claret (talking to himself)
    Oh no, how many times have we won this year going in as favourites?
    I actually don't know the answer, but I don't think it is a lot.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    another way to look at the North game is that if you can't beat them at the SCG, then really you don't deserve to play in the finals....
    Does anybody seriously think we do?

St Kilda, Geelong, Collingwood, the Bulldogs, and even Brisbane and Adelaide are all playing at a level above us.

Make that 4 levels.

I'm not having a crack at the players, most of them are giving their all for the four points. But reality (I know that word is a bit of a stretch on here) dictates that we're not even in the same class.
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Does anybody seriously think we do?

St Kilda, Geelong, Collingwood, the Bulldogs, and even Brisbane and Adelaide are all playing at a level above us.

Make that 4 levels.

I'm not having a crack at the players, most of them are giving their all for the four points. But reality (I know that word is a bit of a stretch on here) dictates that we're not even in the same class.
    We're not a threat to anyone but I reckon we're on about the same level as Carlton, Essendon and Hawthorn (in their current state). And better than Port Adelaide. They're the 5 teams fighting it out for 7th and 8th spot.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    I think we could well win the next 3 of the next 4 games. So far this year we haven't challenged the bookies much; with the exception of the Hawks game in round 2, I think the bookies have been spot on with us. I assume we would be favourites against the Kangas, Dees and the Dons with Carlton at Docklands being short priced favourites. The thing about this year is that we haven't overachieved (in terms of the bookies expectations) like we did a few years back.

TBH we r on the same level of collingwood, Adelaide, which is clearly seen through our last games. Lost them through stupid mistakes and prob shud have won. We will beat N.M, Essendon, Carlton, and Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Oh no, how many times have we won this year going in as favourites?
    I actually don't know the answer, but I don't think it is a lot.
    Probably three - Richmond, West Coast and Port Adelaide. Think the only time we've lost as favourites was to Freo at Subi.
    Bloods

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Think the only time we've lost as favourites was to Freo at Subi.
    I forgot about the Freo game. The win as underdogs against the Hawks and the Freo loss as favourites cancel each other out then.

Quote Originally Posted by 10Totti10 View Post
    TBH we r on the same level of collingwood, Adelaide, which is clearly seen through our last games.
    Red and White coloured glasses??
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

our season went west after teds clanger against the bulldogs followed shortly after by jarrod moore non handball to jolly, the we had the hawthorn game nothing need be said there, the there was the collingwood game a ted clanger and a lrt kick to a pack when goodesy was free on the wing the resulting spilt ball was a coolingwood goal, all game turners ...then the crow game we played a half of footy , our season is shot yet had it not been for turnovers at crucial times it all could have been another story, and again hiding the inevitable that we need a good rebuild.
    on the positive there l l be a lot of cash free under the sal cap so watch for a big recruit or 2. any speculation as to who.........

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by 10Totti10 View Post
    TBH we r on the same level of collingwood, Adelaide, which is clearly seen through our last games. Lost them through stupid mistakes and prob shud have won. We will beat N.M, Essendon, Carlton, and Melbourne
    I'm all for positivity, but I'm sorry Totti, this is nonsense. Adelaide and Collingwood have been consistently beating us for years. We actually put in a decent show this year, but that doesn't put us at their level. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if we win 3 of the next 4. And I'd swop that for one victory as long as that was a thumping of the Bombers.

Red and White coloured glasses??
    A fraction below them but we're going better than you're making out.
    Bloods

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast