Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: the month ahead...part 2/we will bounce back and win 4 in a row (merged thread)

the month ahead...part 2/we will bounce back and win 4 in a row (merged thread)

A while ago, well in fact it was 4 rounds(5weeks) ago, I started a thread titled 'the month ahead', starting with the bulldogs game and ending with the Adelaide game, I was hoping we could win at least 2 of those games and as it turns out, we lost all four. Now in my opinion, the thing that hurts the most is that we could have won 3 out of those 4, only one I will concede that we were completely outplayed was the bulldogs game. We now have the month ahead part 2... Kangas, Bombers, Blues and Melbourne. From what I have seen in the previous 4 rounds, if we play with the same intensity and desperation that we showed in 3 out of those 4 games( not bulldogs game), I honestly believe we can win all 4. Your thoughts people?

Suspended by the MRP
    The battle for 14th spot - Roos by 47pts, then Bombers by 27pts, Blues by 56pts and Demons by 32pts?

Sheesh, dont all respond at once. I didn't think it was that bad a thread.

Johnno ... darl .... our season is shot to @@@@.

It shot to @@@@ the exact minute Blind Barry gave away 150m against Hawthorn.

There's no coming back now. We may win one or two (bushrats and demons). Other than that, it's all over red rover.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On current form Essendon would put us to the sword, SCG or not.
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Not to mention the fact that North are playing with renewed freedom under Darren Crocker and have Harvey back with a game under his belt. Their kids are clearly better than ours (so far) although one thing in our favour is that a couple of them (Warren/Ziebell) have recently suffered season-ending injuries.

As for Carlton, who knows which Blues side will turn up on the day. With the match being on the fast Etihad surface I reckon they will start raging favourites to give us a pounding.

And Melbourne? Well they (Bailey/Connolly) clearly have one eye on a priority first round draft pick so if we don't give them a lesson then there is something seriously wrong.

I'd say we're 50/50 this week, Bombers and Blues will be favourites, and we should smash the Dees.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Johnno ... darl .... our season is shot to @@@@.

It shot to @@@@ the exact minute Blind Barry gave away 150m against Hawthorn.

There's no coming back now. We may win one or two (bushrats and demons). Other than that, it's all over red rover.
    One game out of the 8, the season is not gone. Carlton got blown away the other night, they're hardly certainties to stay in the 8.

Reckon we'll win 3 - we'll beat North and Melbourne and probably pinch one of the games against Carlton and Essendon. That'd have us 8-9 and everyone will be thinking that we're a chance to play finals.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    One game out of the 8, the season is not gone. Carlton got blown away the other night, they're hardly certainties to stay in the 8.

Reckon we'll win 3 - we'll beat North and Melbourne and probably pinch one of the games against Carlton and Essendon. That'd have us 8-9 and everyone will be thinking that we're a chance to play finals.
    Onya Plugger46 ... stay positive!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

thanks people, I dont feel so lonely now.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    Not to mention the fact that North are playing with renewed freedom under Darren Crocker and have Harvey back with a game under his belt. Their kids are clearly better than ours (so far) although one thing in our favour is that a couple of them (Warren/Ziebell) have recently suffered season-ending injuries.
    Having said that, Centrebet have us $1.30 favourites and North at $3.30 for the win. Seems I have no idea what I'm talking about (or else the bookies didn't watch North on the weekend).

Claret (talking to himself)

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    Having said that, Centrebet have us $1.30 favourites and North at $3.30 for the win. Seems I have no idea what I'm talking about (or else the bookies didn't watch North on the weekend).

Claret (talking to himself)
    We were as good as they were and we haven't been getting blown away like they have. It's at the SCG (unbeaten there this year) and we're a better side. Don't think we're over the line but the market looks about right to me.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

another way to look at the North game is that if you can't beat them at the SCG, then really you don't deserve to play in the finals....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast