Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Brian Taylor HATES the Swans Thread

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down The Brian Taylor HATES the Swans Thread

Episode 15
    Tonight on AFL Teams, Colby bumped Vez up to B Grade. Can't believe Bird didn't rate a mention.
    Colby says McViegh is our next CHF
    Anyway, BT said in response to Colby saying we will take our big fat wallet in the offseason and buy a marquee Forward. BT said we would get our man up there as well with the help of the AFL.
    I am so sick of this bloke!
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 9th July 2009 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Episode 15
    Tonight on AFL Teams, Colby bumped Vez up to B Grade. Can't believe Bird didn't rate a mention.
    Anyway, BT said in response to Colby saying we will take our big fat wallet in the offseason and buy a marquee Forward. BT said we would get our man up there as well with the help of the AFL.I am so sick of this bloke!
    I despised him as a player and now as a commentator. But he may be right on this nicks.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Veteran Site Admin
    Can't believe Bird didn't rate a mention.
    To be fair, Colby did mention Bird and said he was terrific last week.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    To be fair, Colby did mention Bird and said he was terrific last week.
    Yes I know but I at least expected that he would go from C to A

Veterans List
    He's a tool.

Yes I know but I at least expected that he would go from C to A

Um players like Ablett Bartel Selwood Kirk Goodes etc are rated as A, I think at this stage and until Bird starts to pick up 30 - 40 possessions a game and can influence the outcome of a game the C rating is fair.

Cheers

waz

Episode 15
    Anyway, BT said in response to Colby saying we will take our big fat wallet in the offseason and buy a marquee Forward. BT said we would get our man up there as well with the help of the AFL.
    I am so sick of this bloke!
    Well our track record is we go out and buy our Marquuee forwrds of late...isnt he just stating the obvious??

Cheers

waz

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Well our track record is we go out and buy our Marquuee forwrds of late...isnt he just stating the obvious??

Cheers

waz
    Given that Roos has expressly stated that we won't be going for a marquee forward, there are no marquee forwards out of contract, to get an in-contract one would cost picks or players that would be insanity to give up, especially given the upcoming draft concessions to GC, it isn't stating the obvious at all. It's stating the popular, a BT specialty. BT clearly does no research when preparing material on the Swans, and simply trots out the standard media line, with a twist of his own anti-Swans agenda thrown in. This twist was evident with the snide remark that the AFL would help them. What that could possibly be based on (how in god's name would the AFL be able to help the Swans secure a player from another club?), I've no idea. All BT's comments prove is that he is a total and complete wanker.

The rest of the AFL Teams panel, while usually on the ignorant side, at least are impartially ignorant. Though they may have no idea who some of our youngsters are or the promise they are showing, and as such don't rate them, at least they don't take visible pleasure when underrating our players, and seem genuinely concerned. BT acts like he wants nothing more than to see the Swans fail, and it's disgusting.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Warming the Bench
    He's a tool. I was so pi**ed off after watching tonight, sent a complaint to Fox Sports (not that it will do any good), pleading with them to get another host.

Veterans List
    Yep, it's times like those I really miss Clinton Grybus...

Take pity on him. Bitter and twisted former Tigers and Pies player (say no more ... but I will ...

Couldn't break into 1980 Tigers (premiership) team - Michael Roach had a lock on full forward, BLT stuck it out with them until 84 and then went to the Pies.

Retired with dodgy knees in 1990, but also wasn't in the Pies premiership team that season.

So, began his career with a premiership winning club, and also ended it with one, but got no medal and a solitary coleman medal along the way as his notable achievement. Might explain his churlishness a wee bit. Still get tired of hearing his negative blather now though.

Showed what an expert he is by saying Swans can't win without Hall. 0 from 1 on that measure so far - and will be 0 from 2 when we roll the bombouts on Saturday!

BT is a very funny bloke. One of my favourite commentators. I don't think he watches many Sydney games tbh. He's over in Perth most Sunday's.

YouTube - AFL - Bryan Taylor goes nuts

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast