Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So you think losing by 100 points is bad?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shinerunner View Post
    why did you do that, maybe just stop the ball from going through the sticks is a better option.
    Because it actually was that bad that I wanted the other team to get a goal or two!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Guess what?

It gets worse.........

Round 15 - July 25, 2009
    Torrens Valley 85.25 (535) d Callington 0.0 (0)

Goals: Torrens Valley: J Hill 30, D Smith 17. J Trewren 11, J Sitters 10, M Clayton, S Prior 3, R Battams, N McDowell, J Jantke, C Younger 2.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Probably got all their Under 14's playing all four games ... and there is plenty to talk about over a beer at the end.
    There's your problem!
    "Fredom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one" A.J. Liebling (1960)

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Guess what?

It gets worse.........

Round 15 - July 25, 2009

Goals: Torrens Valley: J Hill 30, D Smith 17. J Trewren 11, J Sitters 10, M Clayton, S Prior 3, R Battams, N McDowell, J Jantke, C Younger 2.
    You'd be absolutely dirty if you kicked a lazy 17 and looked at the scoresheet to find you're not the highest goalscorer. Wouldn't happen too often.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Guess what?

It gets worse.........

Round 15 - July 25, 2009

Ironically (not really, i'm just a footy nerd) that equals the Sydney Football's highest score of 81.49-535, scored by Uni NSW reserves against Blacktown, who scored 0.1-1 back in 1995. That was their last year in competition before the Holroyd-Parramatta merger/takeover/whatever it was.
    I'll find the link from bigfooty.com to the highest scores in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Ironically (not really, i'm just a footy nerd) that equals the Sydney Football's highest score of 81.49-535, scored by Uni NSW reserves against Blacktown, who scored 0.1-1 back in 1995. That was their last year in competition before the Holroyd-Parramatta merger/takeover/whatever it was.
    That would be this one - and yes, I do admit to this thread being my source for the plight of the Eagles.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Did SFA 2nd Division (or whatever comp UNSW played Blacktown in) have time-on in those days?
    I find it hard to believe it would be possible for a team to accumulate 130 scoring shots in flat 22-minute quarters.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Did SFA 2nd Division (or whatever comp UNSW played Blacktown in) have time-on in those days?
    I find it hard to believe it would be possible for a team to accumulate 130 scoring shots in flat 22-minute quarters.
    The comp was Division one and yes we did have time on in those days.

Thought we needed an update on poor old Callington.

Round 16: Callington bye.
    Round 17: Meadows 48.34 322 def Callington 1.1 7. (Meadows are second last).

Only one to go boys.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

On the Rookie List
    I remember playing against these guys in junior/senior colts when i was growing up in the Adelaide hills they wernt much better then and if you seen the oval they play on you would probably understand why it was just dirt solid as a rock full of three corner jacks
    Carn' The Crows

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    I remember playing against these guys in junior/senior colts when i was growing up in the Adelaide hills they wernt much better then and if you seen the oval they play on you would probably understand why it was just dirt solid as a rock full of three corner jacks
    To be fair though pubes, that was that long ago that turf hadn't even been invented yet

Round 18 - August 15, 2009 (LAST GAME)

Echunga 65.31 (421) d Callington 1.1 (7).
    Best - Echunga: T Habner, C Guy, J Durdin, B Rothe, D Edmonds. Goals - Echunga: T Habner 16, J Durdin 15, C Sheehan, L Munn, B White, C Guy, A Hancock, B Rothe, C Hall, N Sheehan 3.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast