Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirk Considering Future....

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I reckon your beloved McHack will get that.
    The club are "making him an offer he can't refuse".
    NO WAY!!!
    Duck Butt's next in line.
    I reckon it was part of his renegotiation.

Why do you think he's picked up his socks??
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    I don't think Kirky's been the same since the Barry Hall incident.

He seems to have lost some heart to me since then, I think that took so much out of him.

What a great champion he has been for us, I just love him, what a replacement he ended up being for Paul Kelly
    Sydney Swans/SMFC "PREMIERS 2005"

GO SYDNEY SWANS

Blog Entries
    He probably has a season (maybe 2) left in him physically. Mentally it's a different thing.

I don't think it would be a bad time for him to stop playing.

You would have to imagine that a year or two away from the game would suit him too, a short stint as an assistant coach at another club and then back to the Swans in a senior coaching role in 4-5 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by juliec View Post
    I don't think Kirky's been the same since the Barry Hall incident.

He seems to have lost some heart to me since then, I think that took so much out of him.

What a great champion he has been for us, I just love him, what a replacement he ended up being for Paul Kelly
    Hang on, he hasn't gone yet!!!! Its just a news article - not from Kirky or the Club!! Wait!!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I hope he plays on next year. Would help the Swans midfield for another year, though if he does go, Bolton is still there.

a short stint as an assistant coach at another club and then back to the Swans in a senior coaching role in 4-5 years time.[/QUOTE]

Do you really think a club would let go of him oncew they have him on the coaching staff?

On the Rookie List
    This issue is enough to tear one completely apart; on one hand, Kirky simply can't match it with the young boys for speed by foot (that includes kicking). I think he's a bit embarrassed as the game is lightening; then on the other hand he's crucial for his still excellent stopping role, his fantastic hands and indefinable, irreplacable, invaluable leadership (particularly around the ruck).

If this year is passing our mesiah by, then next year will be a disaster for Kirky.

I would prefer to see him finish at Round 22 with Mick at the Lions game to a full house after a glorious victory to their beloved Swans.

Then Kirky can reload as a midfield coach assistant under Roos, moving Horse back to the forwards. How could he not be a gun mentor? Other clubs will sound him out immediately.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHood View Post
    This issue is enough to tear one completely apart; on one hand, Kirky simply can't match it with the young boys for speed by foot (that includes kicking). I think he's a bit embarrassed as the game is lightening; then on the other hand he's crucial for his still excellent stopping role, his fantastic hands and indefinable, irreplacable, invaluable leadership (particularly around the ruck).

If this year is passing our mesiah by, then next year will be a disaster for Kirky.

I would prefer to see him finish at Round 22 with Mick at the Lions game to a full house after a glorious victory to their beloved Swans.

Then Kirky can reload as a midfield coach assistant under Roos, moving Horse back to the forwards. How could he not be a gun mentor? Other clubs will sound him out immediately.
    On his work around the pack and in tackling I'd say Kirk is still in Sydney's top 10. I think he is playing perhaps better than last year. We should get one more year out of him as a smooth transition to the next generation. He shows little propensity to be injured but even if we only got half a season out of him we'd be in front.

Morally, we owe him so much I'd be tempted to say he can play as long as he likes - like Stewie, the other creator of the modern Swans winning culture. And like Stewie I reckon he won't play past when he should.

On the other hand, who knows, his knees might be stuffed and he knows he barely has four games left. But he's certainly not playing that way. AFL Stats: most tackles Brett Kirk 136 then Cassisi 133, B1 123, Swallow then Montagna, Hayes, Priddis and Rhino.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As many have said, if the mind and the body are willing....
    Given our game plan he is the king of our contests: leagues top tackler and his other stats are pretty consistent over the last 3 years.
    Kirk always says he would be a teacher if he wasn't a footballer as he was one before he might return to that. Not sure he wants to be a teacher of football. I'd love him around the club in some capacity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
    a short stint as an assistant coach at another club and then back to the Swans in a senior coaching role in 4-5 years time.
    Do you really think a club would let go of him oncew they have him on the coaching staff?[/QUOTE]WHy could he not walk away?

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Do you really think a club would let go of him oncew they have him on the coaching staff?
    WHy could he not walk away?[/QUOTE]

And break a contract....
    sprite

Mayb they will announce it just b4 rnd 22!
    I can see it now rnd 22 with heaps of banners for retired players
    Mickey O, Leo, Crouchy amd mayb kirk!
    Ill need a box of tissues per player!
    OUR EDGE IS REG

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast