Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THings I love about Swans fans!

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

THings I love about Swans fans!

Massive kudos to the girls who, in a very LONNNNGGGGGG taxi queue at Fox tonight, let Sir Bobby Skilton and his party queue jump into a cab and lead a rendition of CHeer Cheer!
    Thumbs up ladies - all class!
    Outstanding tonight were the boys from the Lions. They patiently waited to honour Leo, Mick and Crouchy!
    I'm backing you in for the finals.

Fully agree on the Lions. Not surprising really considering who their coach is who is a pretty classy bloke himself.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Class effort from the Lions except for that Wanker Justin Sherman.

What a tosser with that shush celebration to the crowd.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

I thought on the whole we were very well behaved.

And I thought the Brissie fans rose to the occasion by not making tossers of themselves and fading into the background even though they won.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Class effort from the Lions except for that Wanker Justin Sherman.

What a tosser with that shush celebration to the crowd.
    I despise that bloke, he was always a flogger when he played footy in tassie and is still the same now he is playing with the Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    I despise that bloke, he was always a flogger when he played footy in tassie and is still the same now he is playing with the Lions.
    What do you expect from one of those southerners Rokeby no less
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

On the Rookie List
    Still, it's nice to play a game and not have the spite of the Hawthorn Essendon game. Very unsavoury. Do we have that type of relationship with any other team?
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    Still, it's nice to play a game and not have the spite of the Hawthorn Essendon game. Very unsavoury. Do we have that type of relationship with any other team?
    I don't think we have a spiteful relationship with any team. Even against the Eagles - our tightest rivals of recent years - everything has been very respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't think we have a spiteful relationship with any team. Even against the Eagles - our tightest rivals of recent years - everything has been very respectful.
    Come to think of it, no. Not since the Dogs clean out their kennel and the likes of Darcy, Grant, Johnson rose to prominence. Still remember Plugger standing over a downed dog and pointing at the scoreboard - winning over them was even truly heartwarming. Nothing like that now. Is it us or them?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The respect that the Swans team show others in the game goes a long way to setting the right example and tone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    The respect that the Swans team show others in the game goes a long way to setting the right example and tone too.
    Voss looks to be a devotee of this concept too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RTTF View Post
    Voss looks to be a devotee of this concept too
    Interesting you should say that RTTF (welcome by the way). In my state of general love of the world and how beautiful everyone who follows red and white is when I started this thread on my return home on Saturday night, I also sent an email to the Blions saying how awesome I thought they were to hang about for so long and how classy I think Voss is...it was a "I roooollllyyy love yoooouuu" type email.
    Anyway, Monday morning I got an email from the membership department AND later in the day one from the football department saying exactly what you said...that Vossy continually holds the Swans up as the example they aspire to in terms of the respect they are held in and the culture they have developed over the last 8 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast