Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Kirk Considering Future....

Opportunistic Join Date Bob Neil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    This article confirms he's going on to 2010

I'm grateful. I want one more year.
    I'd like a few more years, but thanks Captain Kirk for 2010. Enjoy the beach & kids but have your ass ready for next year!

I think people are being very harsh on Kirk's performance on Black, and in general. Black had 24 touches (2 below his average), 8 contested possessions, 9 clearances and a goal. Kirk had 18 touches, 11 contested possessions, 7 clearances and a goal. Yeah, Black beat him, but he hardly massacred him. Kirk got beaten occasionally even in his prime, and only recently he absolutely dominated one of the form midfielders in the competition in Lenny Hayes (who joins a long list of others, even this year, that have been beaten by Kirk). Even if he isn't quiiiiiiite as good as he was a year or two ago, he's still playing some fantastic footy, and can definitely go around another year.
    Last edited by BSA5; 1st September 2009 at 12:24 AM.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

I think they should just play him off the bench next year. Like a "Shock Trooper". Comes on in bursts, busts through packs, lays unexpected tackles, kicks great crumbing goals. Sheedy employed that tactic for years with great results for both the Bombers and several "older" players (Alessio, Bewick, Moorcroft etc).

On the Rookie List
    Excellent on Open Mike last night, definately keen to play on and his comments about being involved in the coaching side of things later was music to my ears. (Short and sweet about BBB). So focused, so sweet, so good looking, so... okay okay I will stop dribbling.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRosie View Post
    Excellent on Open Mike last night, definately keen to play on and his comments about being involved in the coaching side of things later was music to my ears. (Short and sweet about BBB). So focused, so sweet, so good looking, so... okay okay I will stop dribbling.
    I know what you mean. You just want to wag your tail and bask in the sunshine of his approval.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Impossible when talking about Kirky!!!

Excellent on Open Mike last night, definately keen to play on and his comments about being involved in the coaching side of things later was music to my ears.
    Agreed but noticed his hesitation about the time commitment away from his family. I think he said he didn't want to miss any of it. Given this is also Roosy's stated reason for leaving, I can see Kirky having some serious reservations about a coaching role. He'd probably like to watch his own kids play Oz Kick!

Maybe they can create a role for him to train the youngsters in mental as well as physical toughness, and how to stop being tools when they come from other clubs... The dalai lama of the SMFC, with weekends off. Then again, the DL's answer was to give his children was "affection" and not "time", so there's hope yet.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

does anyone know where i can download the open mike interview

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I know what you mean. You just want to wag your tail and bask in the sunshine of his approval.
    And maybe have a tummy rub

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
    And maybe have a tummy rub
    Oh yes please!!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
    does anyone know where i can download the open mike interview
    Check your PM

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Agreed but noticed his hesitation about the time commitment away from his family. I think he said he didn't want to miss any of it. Given this is also Roosy's stated reason for leaving, I can see Kirky having some serious reservations about a coaching role. He'd probably like to watch his own kids play Oz Kick!

Maybe they can create a role for him to train the youngsters in mental as well as physical toughness, and how to stop being tools when they come from other clubs... The dalai lama of the SMFC, with weekends off. Then again, the DL's answer was to give his children was "affection" and not "time", so there's hope yet.
    Well, he could take a minor assistant role, that states that he doesn't have to travel from Sydney, at least not often (highly unusual, and we'd be going out of our way to make things easy, but if it meant keeping him around the club, well, I reckon he's probably worth it, after all, we've done a similar sort of thing in reverse with Maxfield, haven't we?). If he's an assistant while Horse is coach, assuming Horse does OK and hangs around, he can watch the kiddies grow up and once they're a bit older, a bit more independent, he can step into a bigger role.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast