Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans v Geelong

Swans v Geelong

Hi

Myself and a few friends are heading to the ANZ on Saturday to watch our first ever match. Can we buy tickets on the gate on Satruday evening or do we need to buy them through ticketek in advance?

Thanks
    Oli

Veteran Site Admin
    You'll be fine to buy one at the gate. Stadium unlikely to be more than half full.

Thanks!

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Bring a footy just in case there is KICK TO KICK after. You'll love it.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post

HP
    I don't think they ever have it on the grounds.. but there's plenty of space outside
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

They've had kick to kick a couple of times at Homebush, but not in recent memory after a night game. I wouldn't be getting my hopes up for a kick on the ground this week.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You'll be fine to buy one at the gate. Stadium unlikely to be more than half full.
    40,000? Sounds about right.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    They've had kick to kick a couple of times at Homebush, but not in recent memory after a night game. I wouldn't be getting my hopes up for a kick on the ground this week.
    It usually comes down to whether there's a league game on the following day - if yhes, no kick to kick, if no, and the weather is ok and there's no after match presentation for some reason or another, you can usually get on the ground for a kick.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List
    For some reason they seemed to have stopped kick to kick at stadium OZ. Most probably because of all the NRL games that are now being played there. They are just so precious about the surface. Can't remember the last time we had K 2 K.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd always supposed it was a night game thing because they rarely (ever?) have K2K at the SCG after a night game but usually do for a day game.

I suspect that the risk of injury - and hence the personal injury liability of the ground - is greater at night due to dewy conditions on the ground.

I'd love to see a big, noisy crowd on sat. night for the 2nd last home game.
    If the crowd weighs in to help, I reckon we have a good chance. The young guns are really wanting to impress and "the bloods" will not give up. I hope there's a big promotion (even free tix), to fill (or half fill) the stadium.
    Wish it was SCG

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post

HP
    I've never seen a Kick to Kick at homebush!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast