Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essendon V Saints ~SPOILER ALERT~

Essendon V Saints ~SPOILER ALERT~

Bombers up by 3 goals late in the 2nd. WTF!

Make it 6 goals midway thru the 3rd. And remember that St Kilda kicked 4 of the first 5 in the game.

If Essendon do hold on, at least they're a more worthy 8th placed holder than Port Adelaide who will remain 8th if St Kilda can stage a comeback.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Make it 6 goals midway thru the 3rd. And remember that St Kilda kicked 4 of the first 5 in the game.

If Essendon do hold on, at least they're a more worthy 8th placed holder than Port Adelaide who will remain 8th if St Kilda can stage a comeback.
    Totally agree. You can't help but be impressed with this Bombers performance today.

7 goal margin now.

Blog Entries
    Had to happen sooner or later.

Regular in the Side
    Bombers up by 2 points .... very little time left!!

Regular in the Side
    Riewolt shot after the siren to win the game....

Regular in the Side
    Miss ... Bombers Win!!!!!

Out of all the players you'd want the ball in your hands after the siren in the Saints team and he missed. Yowzah. Even though it practically knocks us out, I'm definitely not going to deny that Bombers win, they deserved it.

Courageous win by the Bombers playing virtually all the last quarter with only 19 fit players. Would have been tragic for them to drop 6 points in two weeks with kicks after the siren.

As I said before, a far worthier 8th place holder than Port who slip to 9th.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Essendon have Failmantle next week, they'll sew up 8th now.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Out of all the players you'd want the ball in your hands after the siren in the Saints team and he missed. Yowzah. Even though it practically knocks us out, I'm definitely not going to deny that Bombers win, they deserved it.
    Yes we are out but it would have only extended the pain for one more week even if we had made the 8. I would still love to beat Collingwood wouldn't the new team Swans love to break that hoodoo! Essendon were brave and wanted the 8th spot much more than Port. I do hope Ryder is ok and didn't he make King look old and slow.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Awesome performanceby the Bombers. They should have sealed it earlier, how gutted would they have been to lose. Reiwoldt was not very composed, as you would after the siren. Milestone win by Essendon. Rivetting game.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast