Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Who do you want for the Flag?

Who do I WANT for the flag? The Doggies please! I'd also be OK with the Saints and somewhat less so with the Cats.

Pies to go out in straight sets please - though (yet another) GF loss for them would have a certain satisfaction.

Anyone but Collingwood. I don't care how long it's been or what brand of footy they play. Plus Dale Thomas really p*sses me off.

Don't really want the Blues to win it (but could live with it) either because of the succession of top draft & priority picks they've grabbed, and because of Fev.

Essendon - not really but they won't win anyway
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    But they finished in the top two in 2005 and 2006 and incredibly failed to reach the grand final in either year so I guess that made up for it.
    Yeamuzzlefruzzlebriggerunder

I guess I hate Adelaide less then the other teams, but we are talking in micrometers here.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Would love to see Johnson and the Dogs win it. Also wouldn't be unhappy if the Lions won.
    Ditto... if any of the rest won, itwould leave a nasty taste in my mouth. Also if a certain Black and white side wins it then I'm leaving the country.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Regular in the Side
    For me it's the Bullies. I stopped hating them the day Libba retired. They have not won a flag since 1954, and only ever played in 2 GFs in over 80 seasons of VFL/AFL participation.

That said, I would not be overly troubled by the Saints winning (my second preference) because they really deserve it for season 2009. (Although I would feel really sorry for poor old Robert Harvey).

Same for the Cats, (my third preference): two flags to represent their 2007-2009 three seasons form would be fitting.

Please, no to either Collingwood or Adelaide.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Crows v. Lions Grannie....... EXCELLENT , THAT WILL REALLY CHEESE THE STATE OF VICTORIA OFF BIGTIME.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Crows v. Lions Grannie....... EXCELLENT , THAT WILL REALLY CHEESE THE STATE OF VICTORIA OFF BIGTIME.

HP
    I wholeheartedly concur HP, wouldn't that P off those Melbcentric commentators!

Collingwood played dumb football today, it was so frustrating to watch. St.Kilda's forward line thrives when the opposition is playing man on man, so you need to play the zone.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Collingwood played dumb football today, it was so frustrating to watch.
    I found it really enjoyable.
    Glad the Lions and the Crows got up.
    Cats looks reasonably comfortable as did STK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Collingwood played dumb football today, it was so frustrating to watch.
    I found it really enjoyable.
    ditto

Go the Crows!

Collingwood played dumb football today, it was so frustrating to watch. St.Kilda's forward line thrives when the opposition is playing man on man, so you need to play the zone.
    Yep, spot on. I don't think it's a bad result for Collingwood though - won't have to play St.Kilda again until the GF (provided both sides keep winning) and they'll have a better idea on what they have to change to beat them.

I think they'll beat Adelaide and I wouldn't be surprised if they then beat Geelong.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by j s View Post
    ditto

Go the Crows!
    Yeah, me too.
    I reckon the Wobbles (oh.... did I forget to mention that the COLLIWOBBLES seem to be alive and well? ) face a pretty steep uphill battle against the in form Crows.

Tipping an Adelainde St.Kilda GF at the moment.....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456