Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading talk thread

None this year.

Draft this year and open the cheque book next year when the other 15 clubs will be looking to advance draft picks due to GC17 concessions, maybe even a limited form of free agency as well.

It will be football suicide if we trade our first or second pick this year.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a big broom coming through Richmond - anyone there we might like the look of?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Sounds like a big broom coming through Richmond - anyone there we might like the look of?
    Delidio.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Delidio.
    Somehow doubt he'll go anywhere!

Being serious, considering the players that are any chance of being delisted/traded for very little, wouldn't mind a punt on JON. I know it's widely accepted he is a dud. So was Zac Dawson, Rodan, hell, even Rhyce Shaw. Has pace, obviously has talent or he wouldn't have been picked at 8. Would be better than a pick in the 90s. Jake King might be a shot as well, I really like the way he goes about his business, and his poor disposal is largely myth (check his DE% and clangers minus FA stats). Might not be the best player in the world, but you'd always know he'll leave everything he has out on the field. He's the sort of player you want wearing your team colours.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Somehow doubt he'll go anywhere!

Being serious, considering the players that are any chance of being delisted/traded for very little, wouldn't mind a punt on JON. I know it's widely accepted he is a dud. So was Zac Dawson, Rodan, hell, even Rhyce Shaw. Has pace, obviously has talent or he wouldn't have been picked at 8. Would be better than a pick in the 90s. Jake King might be a shot as well, I really like the way he goes about his business, and his poor disposal is largely myth (check his DE% and clangers minus FA stats). Might not be the best player in the world, but you'd always know he'll leave everything he has out on the field. He's the sort of player you want wearing your team colours.
    PASS
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Jordan McMahon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Blog Entries
    Adam Schneider.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    PASS
    Do you rate either of them worse than a pick in the 90s in a shallow draft? Because that's what we're looking at.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Not often I am in accord with the Lobster, but I would love to have Schneider back.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I know Tom Harley is probably too old but with alot of our veterans retiring this year we need experienced premiership figures like himself at our club to guide our younger guys.His girlfriend works in Sydney and he previously expressed interest for a move to Sydney. Does anybody know when his contract at Geelong is over?

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Has pace, obviously has talent or he wouldn't have been picked at 8. .
    That says more about Richmond's recruiting than the player hence why they are the club with arguably the poorest depth in the AFL.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I know Tom Harley is probably too old but with alot of our veterans retiring this year we need experienced premiership figures like himself at our club to guide our younger guys.His girlfriend works in Sydney and he previously expressed interest for a move to Sydney. Does anybody know when his contract at Geelong is over?
    This year and if you have seen Geelong play much at all this year you will know that this is his last year and even then is likely just to make it to the end of the year.

He is GONE, just like Magic is.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"