Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146
Results 1,741 to 1,746 of 1746

Thread: Trading talk thread

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    At least Luke approached it with humour. At the B&F that year, very late in the night, I was telling Luke that he'd just to get over "that Cousin's goal" and he replied "That'd be a bloody sight easier to do if people stopped talking about it."

I hope he's not looking in here . . .
    Except there is a more famous incident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k5rTNZWqZA
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Gubby Allen!!! I wonder how much he thinks about that.

And what about Tim Lane's mo?
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Veteran Site Admin
    A colleague of mine at work sent me this link to a short interview with Roosy about trade week that was on a Perth radio station. Few bits of interesting stuff, including some "no names" comments about the approaches of different clubs to the week.

Western Australia: Inside Swans Trade Week

The colleague told me I had to keep listening to the end - and now I know why. He is the "tight-arse older brother" referred to!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    A colleague of mine at work sent me this link to a short interview with Roosy about trade week that was on a Perth radio station. Few bits of interesting stuff, including some "no names" comments about the approaches of different clubs to the week.

Western Australia: Inside Swans Trade Week

The colleague told me I had to keep listening to the end - and now I know why. He is the "tight-arse older brother" referred to!
    Thanks for the link Liz - a really interesting interview with typical Roos hosing down treatment and some little nuggets about clubs and people at a "wink wink" level.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Enjoyed that interview, really like hearing what Roos has to say and he has a perfect sense of humour for the job.

all are officially in the rebuilding stage and there are a few areas we lack depth in. The main one would be a small crumbing forward. Would like to see us go after these blokes.I think the draft should be used mainly to draft quality outside mids.