Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Premier Competition for the Swans Reserves and NSW

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppy Eyes View Post
    Your understanding of game development is certainly limited.....very very limited!!
    You can't throw crap like that out there without expanding for those of us not on your wavelength. What are you saying - that the junior clubs are not vibrant. That the junior clubs are even worse. Please explain.

Regular in the Side

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    I would love to see the Swans Reserves play in a stronger Sydney competition. But I wouldn't if its going to be to the detriment of other Sydney/NSW leagues.
    Of course short term there would be a hit on the standard of the leagues...the talent has to come from somewhere. The point is long term development. Maybe 3-4 existing clubs are designated as feeder clubs for particular teams.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by smif View Post
    also i dont think having a swans reserve team in it would work maybe do what they do in SANFL have swans ressies and the such allocated to the others teams for in stance craig bird to play for newcastle when not in firsts and mCveigh for the central coast, that would attract more people to come watch and mayb more sponsors and help the juniors possibly
    They do this in the WAFL as well. I understand why they do it, but you loose all the advantage of having teammates playing together for an extended period of time...which has given the Swans alot of recent success and it looks like we're about to see it again....in short not a fan of the idea. Would prefer to see the current system where listed players are limited.

There will be two teams with AFL lists as well...not just the Swans.

Does anyone know the current plan for the GWS? Are they going to Canberra?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Canberra to Newcastle - 4 hours on a really good trip.
    You are dreaming!

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    You are dreaming!
    Or speeding!
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    You are dreaming!
    No he's not, he did say on a really good trip. I live in the hills and it takes me on average 2.5 hrs to get to Manuka and 1.5 to Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Or speeding!
    Yep, I have a habit of doing that too...

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Or speeding!
    Sorry perfect driving record. It always bemuses me when Sydney drivers are repeatedly surprised they get stuck in a traffic jam because everyone else decided to drive their cars at the same time.

Fact is the trip is a tad over 420km (depending on where in Canberra to where in Newcastle). If you travel off peak (midnight for example) and use the M7 or get a good run through the city it can be done in around 4 hours. I admit it's unlikely a football team would be travelling at such a time by road).

Don't defy me on this statement as I'd guess the only people who have the trip more than me would be some truck drivers or couriers or are 200 (Keeping in mind most rucks don't go through Canberra).

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    No he's not, he did say on a really good trip. I live in the hills and it takes me on average 2.5 hrs to get to Manuka and 1.5 to Newcastle

Yep, I have a habit of doing that too...
    And listen to Jewels - there's a poster with a lot of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You can't throw crap like that out there without expanding for those of us not on your wavelength. What are you saying - that the junior clubs are not vibrant. That the junior clubs are even worse. Please explain.
    No, mate, I'm just saying that my little baby brother knows stuff all about football, and gives Mum Puppy Eyes when he doesn't want to eat his Brussel Sprouts.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppy Eyes View Post
    No, mate, I'm just saying that my little baby brother knows stuff all about football, and gives Mum Puppy Eyes when he doesn't want to eat his Brussel Sprouts.
    Whereas Puppy Eyes nose all....

Regular in the Side
    The WAFL does have players spread across the board however Worsfold has already indicated he wants an Eagles reserves team as a stand alone team in the WAFL.

If footy in both NSW and QLD wants to be stronger it needs to be a stron state league comp.

As indicated you may hampen other leagues but i guarantee you qulaity players from leagues to have an op to play in a strong state based comp they would prefer that.
    With and dnt quote me someone suggesting a mid season player draft then it open the door to quality mature age players to show their wares. it also exposes yngr players to playing wqith men. Hence whi Rich done so well for the lions, he has been playing seniors for Subiaco the last couple of years.

a 8 or 10 team comp with teams from Sydney + 2 afl ressies, CC, Newcastle, Wollongong, Sth Coast, Riverina far north coast etc..

Alternatively and i think you may see this again is to bring back either the reserves AFL comp or at least an under 21's like the NRL, exposes to a higher level of comp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast