Thread: Exactly 4 years ago.....

Exactly 4 years ago.....

I was sitting on the edge of my seat hoping....

Then I was crying, laughing and singing "Cheer, cheer the red and the white" until I was hoarse. I also kissed and hugged many people that I didn't know. If any of them are on here, thank you for the memories!!!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Was thinking exactly the same thing earlier today.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    In New Zealand having caught a plane the morning after the PF
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

Blog Entries
    Singing and swearing, no crying.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    You must be the only one.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    You must be the only one.....
    No. Mochaholic didn't either.
    Who I sat with.

Warming the Bench
    Wow just finished watching the game and all i can say is ....
    When i got home from the game that day i deleted it and had no interest in ever wanting to watch it, so yesterday/today it was like a game i hadnt seen.
    And wow we were so close.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Watched the last play again on YouTube last night. Cried again.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Regular in the Side
    I was sitting at the G in the brand new section, level 1, between the Great Southern Stand and the Members area at the Punt Road side of the ground.

I remember that when Cousins kicked the goal early in the last quarter, I turned to my 6 year son, and quietly said to him: "I don't think we're going to win me, mate"

By the time Amon put us in front, I was so nervous that I felt sick, very sick. The bloke next to me, (who I remember was South African), said to me: "Are you OK?"

For the last 3 minutes or so I keep turning to the guy behind, (who was listening to the radio), asking "how long to go?". I must have turned around to enquiry every 20 seconds or so. (How could a quarter with just 4 goals and no serious injuries have lasted nearly 33 minutes!)

I recall getting really aggressive when Adam Goodes got the fifty metre free, and unfairly having a go at nearby Eagles supporters, who were actually very well behaved.

I don't really remember the Leo Barry mark.

I do remember hearing the final siren, whereupon my son screams: "They won because of my birthday" (He was turning 6 in three days time)

I then remember crying, really bawling, and hugging those around me, including Kenny's Mrs, who I didn't know, (and still don't know her).

The only negative moments came when I met my parents-in-law outside the ground. They are from Perth and are West Coast Eagles supporters. My gracious mother-in-law says to me: "Why are you so happy, you are only be supporting the Swans for 10 years?" . And my usually nice father-in-law was complaining. (whilst we were on the tram to the City), about Barry Hall having been permitted to play.

The next morning I woke up. After a few seconds of awakening, I realised that the Sydney Swans had just won the flag! Wow!
    Last edited by top40; 25th September 2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: mistake

Warming the Bench

Smile

Sorry i was thinking 06.

I was sitting at the other end of the ground to the Leo mark, but remember it clear as day. I was on the edge of my seat, and I saw the ball hoisted high, and a massive pack form. Desperately, I looked up at the screen to see what had happened, and saw Leo walking back with the ball in hand, and I felt hugely relieved. I guess I looked back at the play before Tadhg jumped on Leo's back when the siren went, because I didn't hear the siren at first (most people around us didn't), just heard this roar erupt from further up the field. I turned to the people I was with and said "What's happening? Did we win? We won! WE @@@@ING WON!", and so on, and we started jumping and swearing (well, really just me) and hugging each other. It was amazing, but absolutely nerve-wracking.

The walk around Melbourne that night was amazing. People were just coming up to us and congratulating us (we were still wearing red and white), and I really couldn't believe we'd won! From when I started following footy properly, my experience was that Essendon, Brisbane and Port won Premierships. The Swans weren't meant to. But we @@@@ing did, and what a day it was!
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    I was one of the unfortunates who had to watch 05 on tv, at a mates place because he had a 50 inch tv.He also had a new baby, which he gave me to hold. Lovely baby, who very nearly went flying accross the room when NOG kicked that ball to Cousins. Shortly thereafter a cup of coffee (I'm a non drinker), disappeared into the previously white shag carpet. It was a day to remember for more than one reason hehe

Paul Roos for PM