Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most exciting thing about getting Kennedy and McGlynn is.....

The most exciting thing about getting Kennedy and McGlynn is.....

.....we should never have to see Kieran Jack restricted with tagging duties again.

Along with Jude, Kennedy will do plenty of the close inside work that falls on the shoulders of Kirky at the minute, meaning Kirk can step back to his old role of shutting down an opponent as his career winds to an end.

McGlynn is also capable of a tagging role and with another solid pre-season behind him, expect Nick Smith to get a lot more time in the midfield where he spent 100% of his time in the ressies. Smith was a ball magnet in the 2's, but he will be well suited to a midfield shutdown role as his frame develops further.

We still have McVeigh, Hannebery, ROK and Bird to fit in/rotate thru the middle. There's a topline midfield just there!!

Bottom line is, Kizza can play a full on attacking role and I reckon he will be brilliant at it.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I thought you were going to say that we got one (or is that two) over that moron pilchard.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Agreed! I think Jack will flourish once released from tagging duties a la Jarad McHack

On the Rookie List
    Top call. I was having this discussion with friends after the Richmond game this year. It seems to be standard procedure that young midfielders for the Swans need to spend time as a tagger before moving into more attacking roles. I can't wait to the the shackles released from Jack, having said that, I think he sill be a better player for his experience tagging.

We don't need ablett in the team making up the numbers

Warming the Bench
    yeah, good point. but have to agree with all the hawk fan posts on bf that say that it's going to really hurt them watching kennedy develop into a top line mid in the next couple of years.

will really enjoy sitting back and watching that happen...

It will be exciting if not pretty inconsistent. Lot's of young players means the gap between best and worst will grow larger. But it will be interesting. Our average age will come down to around 23 or so. I think it will actually be more exciting in 18 months after many of these guys (N Smith, Meredith, Vespi, White, Johnstone, Hannerbury, Mumford, D, O'Keefe and Kennedy) have a season under their belts

Expect Eski, Moore etc will definately start to feel the pressure

It looks like we will have more competitive rotations at least, if still lacking in a bit of pure midfield class. Look forward to seeing Kennedy in the midfield. Be interesting to see in pre season. Given the huge number of players who switched clubs, could also find a few find there way into PSD (Gee, WC and WB must be very close to salary cap)

We need to still draft a few more runners though, lot's of big guys on our list, not enough runners, and a medium forward, so interesting to see what happens there as well. But we may draft one at least who will debute next year
    Last edited by Reggi; 9th October 2009 at 09:33 PM.
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The MacDaddy View Post
    We don't need ablett in the team making up the numbers
    We don't need him playing MIDFIELD.
    Looks better when he is a half-forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    We don't need him playing MIDFIELD.
    Looks better when he is a half-forward.
    The last 6 weeks of the year confirmed that if he's going to re-make himself (and that's a big 'if'), it will be as a HFF. Even when playing well (and he has played well before), it's hard to find many appropriate midfield match-ups for NOG.

but should stay midfield as we are too weak in depth

but should stay midfield as we are too weak in depth..........jumpn Jack flash is ready to emerge as a ball player......

Veterans List
    The most exciting thing for them is they get to get rid of that bloody awful jumper. It must be a weight off their minds.

The best thing in my view is that they wanted to come up to Sydney.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast