Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Tadhg kennelly coming back to the swans? YES HE IS!

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    This Kennelly soap opera is getting tiresome, to say the least. This "will I or won't I" stuff started a few years ago in Sydney...now he's at it again. He should put up or shut up, we don't need a constant narrative on the subject.
    ....and yet here you are reading the thread. If it's tireseome, don't read it the then
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    This Kennelly soap opera is getting tiresome, to say the least. This "will I or won't I" stuff started a few years ago in Sydney...now he's at it again. He should put up or shut up, we don't need a constant narrative on the subject.
    I'm not usually on the same page as you Ernie but I am this time. I think he's becoming just a bit precious and that article does nothing to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    ....and yet here you are reading the thread. If it's tireseome, don't read it the then
    I don't think it's the thread that he's finding tiresome, more the crap from the media about the subject.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Does anyone know what the controvery is they are talking about
    Meanwhile, Kennelly, who is understood to be gutted by the reaction to the excerpt from his book 'Unfinished Business' in relation to his early tackle on Cork's Murphy in the All-Ireland final, is under pressure from his AFL club Sydney to return.
    source

Was he a bit too aggressive or something similar?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

He is Irish. Would you expect anything else.

Having said that he would be a very dumb Irishman if he didn't come back and play another 3 years with the Swans.

He would earn a lot of money if he came back but only he knows all the other factors in his personal story.

Frankly, if he comes back and his body stands up, good. If he doesn't come back then I'm over that to.

I'd be giving him a preformance based contract though.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Does anyone know what the controvery is they are talking about source

Was he a bit too aggressive or something similar?
    He did a Mark Yeats.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=119201

He added: "As we got to our positions, I looked across at (Paul) Galvin, who nodded, and then positioned myself on the line ready to race in when the referee put the ball in the air. My eyes were almost rolling around in the back of my head. I was like a raging bull."

He says he "timed it right" and caught Murphy "perfectly on the chin". His message was: "Cop that. It's different this time, boys".
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Looks like he's got a bit of "mongrel" in his tank. Maybe he was trying to replicate a little of BBBH, show Bazza that maybe there could be some room for someone with his talent in Gaelic footy!!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    "At the time, he said both his heart and his head were "truly set on Kerry".

But he says that statement was telling the Irish media "what they wanted to hear"."

I think that's as close as he's gone to being honest on his football intentions.

As I said at the time, of course he had to tell them what they wanted to hear. It wanted have been crazy the day after the final to say - you know what I think I will be going back to the swans. Imagine if he had said the oppposite the day after the 05 grand final win.

His statement at the time was more based on how he felt right at that moment and most definitely left it open to be changed at a later time which is what he is doing now.

He only had a year out from the game, has kept fit playing gaelic football which is very aerobic and because it doesnt have the same physical component , he has probably been able to recover from his shoulder problems. With Scmidt now gone, we should be welcoming him back with open arms. He is a better player off half back then Shaw, he plays straighter and breaks the lines better.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    He only had a year out from the game, has kept fit playing gaelic football which is very aerobic and because it doesnt have the same physical component , he has probably been able to recover from his shoulder problems. With Scmidt now gone, we should be welcoming him back with open arms. He is a better player off half back then Shaw, he plays straighter and breaks the lines better.
    This

Tadhg Kennelly has 10 days to decide if he wants to make a return to the AFL. Tadhg Kennelly?-?Independent.ie

Kennelly admitted last night that he is strongly considering a return to the game despite his conviction in the immediate aftermath of the All-Ireland final victory over Cork that he would be staying with Kerry.

From the Irish Independent. By Colm Keys, Wednesday October 21 2009

Never say never folks !!!!!

Warming the Bench
    Am I missing something? Did anyone know or, can anyone verify this from that same article linked in the previous post:

"It is understood that St Kilda, the club that Tommy Walsh is bound for, have also made an offer."

Doubt he'd even consider it.... but then again, I never thought he'd end up going back to Ireland.

My foot has always been in the camp that has supported his decisions, but I'd be a little put out if he somehow joined the Saints.

Regular in the Side
    even if the saints have, i very much doubt Kennelly would. His GF lives in sydney and everything points to a sydney return if he decides yes and even the comment of potential coaching opportunity in there as well.

i am thinking is 75% chance of returning.

anyone offering odds?

7 to 1 he returns
    12 to 1 he stays...

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast